Unverified Commit 0af08615 authored by Riccardo Spagni's avatar Riccardo Spagni
Browse files

update binaries to 0.9.3

parent 135ae5da
- platform: Windows, 64-bit - platform: Windows, 64-bit
icon: windows.svg icon: windows.svg
url: win64 url: win64
hash: 303840d7fb997b2f1efc280fd19ba84003ecff85 hash: 246115b0da133e0203dc78d26bbc82e9b76a178939bff8d4541bf04a02a19854
version: version:
tag: Hydrogen Helix tag: Hydrogen Helix
blockchain: win blockchain: win
- platform: Windows, 32-bit - platform: Windows, 32-bit
icon: windows.svg icon: windows.svg
url: win32 url: win32
hash: none hash: 4663222a810ad854da1fc9d665e51252e61ddb1a8f69de3a31ad195386d445a2
version: version:
tag: Hydrogen Helix tag: Hydrogen Helix
blockchain: win blockchain: win
- platform: Mac OS X, 64-bit - platform: Mac OS X, 64-bit
icon: apple.svg icon: apple.svg
url: mac64 url: mac64
hash: d6c776878fd3d47f149fc9be4e76cf2d03d5a725 hash: f471a420485413d5fcb1b19065a3b4e9a68c49596ddd6291787ad34121bad32c
version: version:
tag: Hydrogen Helix tag: Hydrogen Helix
blockchain: mac blockchain: mac
- platform: Linux, 64-bit - platform: Linux, 64-bit
icon: linux.svg icon: linux.svg
url: linux64 url: linux64
hash: 4149de91c10b56ff091070acca80d233fbd5a797 hash: 9e6747b69642389e98ca5f70cec7276f7af7156e5dce95409a8da7cccff5876e
version: version:
tag: Hydrogen Helix tag: Hydrogen Helix
blockchain: linux blockchain: linux
- platform: FreeBSD, 64-bit - platform: Linux, 32-bit
icon: freebsd.svg icon: linux.svg
url: freebsd64 url: linux32
hash: 9fd0005b697e146a26a0bf9e3cd0c89b978f7fbd hash: 90c51c4a68f78ac2262a7b5a676f02d43ba7b9b6800b8b150d89980604c969f2
version: version:
tag: Release tag: Hydrogen Helix
blockchain: freebsd blockchain: linux
- platform: Raspberry Pi / ARM - platform: ARMv7
icon: arm.svg icon: arm.svg
url: arm url: arm
hash: none hash: c312ba0810bf04ab2e28b61a50de2a83c1c614fd789bab4cacacb716134a7239
version: version:
tag: Hydrogen Helix tag: Hydrogen Helix
blockchain: arm blockchain: arm
layout: post
title: Overview and Logs for the Dev Meeting Held on 2016-03-05
summary: Clarification on ringCT next steps, Trezor integration status, net_skeleton replacement
tags: [dev diaries, core, crypto]
author: gingeropolous
*March 5th, 2016*
# Logs
**\<fluffypony>** dev meeeeeeeting
**\<fluffypony>** role call
**\<gingeropolous>** ping
**\<fluffypony>** no problem :)
**\<fluffypony>** hyc / moneromooo / warptangent / luigi1112 / smooth
**\<dEBRUYNE>** smooth, luigi1112, othe, NoodleDoodle, ArticMine, warptangent, moneromooo, hyc
**\<dEBRUYNE>** pingping
**\<fluffypony>** or any other luigi's
**\<warptangent>** present
**\<othe>** my body is here too
**\<ArticMine>** present
**\<fluffypony>** lol
**\<fluffypony>** othe: but your mind is... ?
**\<fluffypony>** ok let's start
**\<othe>** i dont know where it is fluffypony
**\<moneromooo>** er, hi ?
**\<fluffypony>** open pull requests: mostly just DB stuff by warptangent and hyc
**\<fluffypony>** will be merged within the next couple of hours
**\<warptangent>** ok
**\<Ibragim>** how are you guys?
**\<warptangent>** glad for the weekend
**\<fluffypony>** merged pull requests in the last couple of weeks: unit test fixes, threading fixes, lots of little things
**\<fluffypony>** I suppose the big stuff is hyc's readtxn changes
**\<othe>** is the exp/performance stuff from warptangent also to be merged in?
**\<fluffypony>** warptangent / moneromooo: do one of you want to give us an overview of readtxn?
**\<warptangent>** not soon
**\<othe>** and should we add the trezor support from NoodleDoodle ?
**\<fluffypony>** othe: we're doing PR review first
**\<warptangent>** the txn cursors enable lmdb to read and write more efficiently
**\<warptangent>** hyc added write cursors and then read cursors to cover just about all the DB operations
**\<fluffypony>** cool
**\<fluffypony>** re: warptangent's performance changes
**\<fluffypony>** we have to implement some sort of migration system
**\<fluffypony>** we can't expect people in production to keep dropping and re-syncing
**\<fluffypony>** so that would stall it being merged
**\<hyc>** hi, sorry I'm late. our experience with blockchain_import indicates migration will be slow
**\<warptangent>** also, migration won't take place until after things settle with the db changes and testing.
**\<warptangent>** development is ongoing here https://github.com/warptangent/bitmonero/branches in the exp/performance branch
**\<fluffypony>** hyc: well at the very least we need to detect that the current DB isn't what we expect, and that it must be converted or redownloaded
**\<fluffypony>** \*resynced
**\<hyc>** right. well fortunately the DBs have version stamps so that's straightforward
**\<fluffypony>** yeah
**\<fluffypony>** ok let's move on to trezor
**\<fluffypony>** NoodleDoodle: are your changes stable enough to PR?
**fluffypony** plays elevator hold music
**\<fluffypony>** ok whilst we wait for that
**\<fluffypony>** there's been some discussion about fees with the price rise
**\<fluffypony>** any thoughts on the fee thing?
**\<othe>** i think they are still fine
**\<ArticMine>** My thought is that fees will ultimately have to be tied to the blocksize
**\<gingeropolous>** what will be the price point when they change?
**\<fluffypony>** at the moment it's like $0.012 per kb I think
**\<dEBRUYNE>** Ideally we would wait for it to settle down a bit
**\<dEBRUYNE>** the price
**\<fluffypony>** yeah
**\<dEBRUYNE>** Too soon for adjustments imo
**\<gingeropolous>** true
**\<fluffypony>** gingeropolous: dropping fees is a hard fork, so ideally we want to bundle it into the October fork or whatever
**\<othe>** 1 cent is nothing
**\<ArticMine>** You mean fees are in the consensus code
**\<fluffypony>** ArticMine: yes - we don't allow 0 fee transactions
**\<dEBRUYNE>** We could just calculate the average over the last 6 months
**\<jwinterm>** I think ArticMine's point about fees being tied to block size is interesting, as block size goes up, fee per kb declines, linearly I guess
**\<fluffypony>** BitcoinErrorLog has been talking about "magic number automation", he might have some thoughts on it too
**\<fluffypony>** he's offline atm
**\<fluffypony>** jwinterm: yes
**\<hyc>** fee tied to blocksize - but you can't predict the blocksize when you create a txn to someone
**\<fluffypony>** hyc: we can use the median
**\<warptangent>** the tx size
**\<ArticMine>** It is because fess are tied to the emission and blocksize via the bock penalty
**\<jwinterm>** right, unpenalized max block size
**\<ArticMine>** So we could actually use a formula based on emission and block size
**\<ArticMine>** So that the min fee corresponds to a low position in the penalty
**\<ArticMine>** say around 5%
**\<luigi1114>** present!
**\<warptangent>** is anyone aware of another coin using a similar scheme with also using the block size? seems worth looking into.
**\<fluffypony>** not that I know of
**\<ArticMine>** This only applies to cryptonote
**\<gingeropolous>** i think it'd be awesome to find a way to do it automatically, as opposed to hardforks
**\<ArticMine>** but likely Monero would be first
**\<hyc>** it sounds good. especially since emission and blocksize are already automatic
**\<fluffypony>** ok let's sketch that out and see what we come up with
**\<fluffypony>** in the meantime, we need to push 0.9.2 out
**\<ArticMine>** I can put something together
**\<fluffypony>** I was holding off on it until the meeting
**\<ArticMine>** on fees
**\<hyc>** I'm still hitting SIGBUS on ARMv7 but go ahead with current PRs and don't wait for anything more from me
**\<fluffypony>** ok
**\<fluffypony>** moneromooo: how are you feeling on an upstream merge to dev?
**\<hyc>** I don't see my test resolving this soon
**\<fluffypony>** the current RPC interface is starting to become a problem for multiple concurrent wallet sessions
**\<moneromooo>** I'm waiting for 0.9.2 to be tagged first so that no new patches go there.
**\<fluffypony>** ok
**\<moneromooo>** (or few anyway)
**\<moneromooo>** Why is it a problem ?
**\<moneromooo>** The new one seems to be made to be non thread safe fwiw.
**\<fluffypony>** moneromooo: Peter Todd and I have hit the issue with scanning a new wallet when other wallets are open
**\<fluffypony>** and I don't think we should necessarily waste time trying to optimise an interface that's going away
**\<moneromooo>** Oh what does this break ?
**\<fluffypony>** it makes it slooooow
**\<moneromooo>** Ah, fair enough. Did you try with the 0mq one ?
**\<fluffypony>** no - was in the air (literally) :-P
**fluffypony** ponders
**\<fluffypony>** oh yes
**\<luigi1114>** I would prefer new wallets don't auto-refresh, but I understand why it was added
**\<fluffypony>** net_skeleton become Fossa which became Mongoose
**\<moneromooo>** which needs to become gone ?
**\<fluffypony>** yes
**\<fluffypony>** the only licenses they have available are GPL and a commercial license
**\<fluffypony>** which doesn't play well with ours
**\<ArticMine>** We would have to go GPL
**\<fluffypony>** basically we just need a library that plays well with HTTPS, and supports authentication
**\<fluffypony>** and is compatible with our license
**\<fluffypony>** something to keep eyes out for
**\<fluffypony>** next up: ringCT
**\<fluffypony>** warptangent: you were chatting to Shen - what's the latest on that?
**\<warptangent>** i've begun to familiarize myself with what will need to be done, and development on that will go on top of the newer database branch
**\<fluffypony>** we'll be opening Github issues or Forum threads, either or, for the specific decisions we have to make around things like ring size
**\<warptangent>** a forum thread would work well for the first issue re: floating point or fixed
**\<fluffypony>** luigi1114: you had some thoughts on that, iirc?
**\<luigi1114>** I do
**\<moneromooo>** I feel like I've missed a lot of stuff, somehow.
**\<gingeropolous>** im still getting woops something went wrong when click on the bell on the forum... not that I need to do much for these topics, but just throwin it out there.
**\<fluffypony>** gingeropolous: thanks, will take a look at the error log
**\<moneromooo>** What's this about floating point ?
**\<luigi1114>** I think a forum or other untimed format would be easier though
**\<warptangent>** it's a decision to be made about the confidential transactions scheme
**\<moneromooo>** Alright. First I've heard of it.
**\<luigi1114>** it's how many amounts can be represented
**\<luigi1114>** size tradeoffs basically
**\<moneromooo>** So since I've not seen that conversation nor arguments, I'll just say "floating point is only fine if you really know what you're doing".
**\<luigi1114>** it's more a design decision
**\<fluffypony>** moneromooo: first you've heard of RingCT, or of the floating point / fixed issue?
**\<moneromooo>** fp/fp
**\<warptangent>** the conversation needs to take place in the forum and with Shen's input. moneromooo i only recently learned of it myself.
**\<ArticMine>** It has significant economic implications
**\<luigi1114>** we're not going to get very far here I agree warptangent
**\<fluffypony>** ok - let's create a thread
**\<fluffypony>** does anyone want to run with that?
**\<luigi1114>** *silence*
**\<fluffypony>** lol
**\<fluffypony>** crickets
**\<warptangent>** i can
**\<fluffypony>** thanks warptangent
**\<warptangent>** i'll let NobleSir know when it's up too
**\<dEBRUYNE>** Can I make a general remark?
**\<fluffypony>** dEBRUYNE: of course
**\<dEBRUYNE>** We should change mixin to ring size or another sufficient alternative
**\<dEBRUYNE>** mixin sounds active
**\<dEBRUYNE>** which isn´t the case
**\<hyc>** we were just talking about ringsize just now, in context of RingCT
**\<fluffypony>** I know - terminology and binary name changes are going to happen for 1.0
**\<hyc>** sounds like ring size already has a meaning that we shouldn't confuse
**\<fluffypony>** and making sure flags are all uniform etc.
**\<dEBRUYNE>** hyc: Yeah I saw that, I just wanted some confirmation that we are going to change that
**\<dEBRUYNE>** certainly with a lot of newcomers coming in it might be confusing
**\<dEBRUYNE>** \<fluffypony> and making sure flags are all uniform etc. <= Great
**\<fluffypony>** definitely
**\<luigi1114>** hyc: I believe they are the same (function at least)
**\<hyc>** ok, then that's straightforward
**\<luigi1114>** ring size is the community agreed replacement for (mixin+1)
**\<warptangent>** well number of bytes in a ringct is different than what's currently mixin count
**\<warptangent>** i think that's hyc's concern
**\<dEBRUYNE>** Then we should name them similiar
**\<dEBRUYNE>** shouldn´t
**\<dEBRUYNE>** \*
**\<hyc>** yes. I didn't follow ringct closely, but the fact that floating point is even an option means the two are quite different
**\<warptangent>** it's likely the latter is the one most users will even be aware of.
**\<warptangent>** but it's something to consider.
**\<dEBRUYNE>** warptangent: Agree, perhaps we could ask NobleSir if he has a sufficient synonym
**\<luigi1114>** \<warptangent> well number of bytes in a ringct is different than what's currently mixin count <= this doesn't parse for me
**\<fluffypony>** afaik users don't choose anything with ringCT, though
**\<luigi1114>** floating point/exponents/bitsize has nothing to do with ring size and won't be named similarly
**\<warptangent>** luigi1112: just the storage size for a ringct, if referred to as "ring size" could be confusing for those using "ring size" to refer to mixin count
**\<luigi1114>** ok
**\<luigi1114>** yes the former will/should not be named that way
**\<luigi1114>** signature size or something
**\<gingeropolous>** yeah, i was not aware ring size already was used for something
**\<hyc>** maybe this isn't the place for the discussion but I would have preferred something other than "ring size" for mixin count. masking factor, blinding factor.
**\<hyc>** something that actually conveys the purpose.
**\<gingeropolous>** as hyc mentioned, decoys is actually a good name / descriptor
**\<palexander>** Agree there.
**\<gingeropolous>** but it sounds too subterfugey
**\<luigi1114>** yell on the reddit thead :)
**\<fluffypony>** the thread it still open
**\<fluffypony>** lol
**\<luigi1114>** anyway not a good place here
**\<hyc>** ok
**\<luigi1114>** or time
**\<dEBRUYNE>** hyc: Ring size was just brought up earlier, it was more about the idea of changing it
**\<malmenonphome>** Just arrived, what the subject?
**\<dEBRUYNE>** Another term is fine by me as well
**\<warptangent>** i do like ring size fwiw.
**\<dEBRUYNE>** malmenonphome: Changing the term mixin to something else
**\<luigi1114>** this is basically a community thing, not a dev thing
**\<NoodleDoodle>** @fluffypony not yet, I'll work on osx/linux this weekend and see from there. As for the firmware, I'll request a pull upstream once I've added it to github. They are interested in merging it upstream.
**\<luigi1114>** (beyond making sure the name makes sense)
**\<dEBRUYNE>** luigi1114: Let´s continue to the next subject then :)
**\<malmenonphome>** Ah, ok, I agree with ring size as well, but we should think in other languages how it sounds too
**\<warptangent>** masking/blinding factor or decoy is more descriptive, but ring size could be a happy medium between that and not making every user have to feel like a rebel.
**\<binaryFate>** ring size is ok for me, if it doesn't convey meaning people will learn and that's a good thing
**\<malmenonphome>** In Portuguese... Tamanho de anel
**\<luigi1114>** right the problem with mixin is that people think it's a typo for the other word
**\<fluffypony>** yeah
**\<fluffypony>** ok - that's a discussion to have on the reddit thread or wherever
**\<warptangent>** mixin definitely gives the idea, as we've seen, that it requires other active senders
**\<fluffypony>** we're not in a position to make a decision on it in this meeting
**\<malmenonphome>** I agree
**\<gingeropolous>** any word on the dev branch? as one who has been summarizing these meetings, the can has been kicked twice now.
**\<luigi1114>** we can can kick better than bitcoin huh
**\<warptangent>** it was discussed above?
**\<fluffypony>** gingeropolous: did you miss part of the meeting?
**\<gingeropolous>** perhaps. sorry. /me hides
**\<fluffypony>** is ok
**\<fluffypony>** in the summary you can just be like "the official troll-appointed dev was late"
**\<fluffypony>** :-P
**warptangent** wonders who the first dev-appointed troll will be.
**\<fluffypony>** hah hah
**\<fluffypony>** ok I think that brings the meeting to a close
Hash: SHA1 Hash: SHA1
This GPG-signed message exists to confirm the SHA sums on Monero binaries. This GPG-signed message exists to confirm the SHA256 sums on Monero binaries.
Please verify the signature against the signature for fluffypony in the Please verify the signature against the signature for fluffypony in the
source code repository (/utils/gpg_keys). source code repository (/utils/gpg_keys).
monero.win.x64.v0-9-1-0.zip: 303840d7fb997b2f1efc280fd19ba84003ecff85 246115b0da133e0203dc78d26bbc82e9b76a178939bff8d4541bf04a02a19854 monero.win.x64.v0-9-3-0.zip
monero.mac.x64.v0-9-1-0.tar.bz2: d6c776878fd3d47f149fc9be4e76cf2d03d5a725 4663222a810ad854da1fc9d665e51252e61ddb1a8f69de3a31ad195386d445a2 monero.win.x86.v0-9-3-0.zip
monero.linux.x64.v0-9-1-0.tar.bz2: 4149de91c10b56ff091070acca80d233fbd5a797 f471a420485413d5fcb1b19065a3b4e9a68c49596ddd6291787ad34121bad32c monero.mac.x64.v0-9-3-0.tar.bz2
monero.freebsd.x64.v0-8-6-6.tar.bz: 9fd0005b697e146a26a0bf9e3cd0c89b978f7fbd 9e6747b69642389e98ca5f70cec7276f7af7156e5dce95409a8da7cccff5876e monero.linux.x64.v0-9-3-0.tar.bz2
90c51c4a68f78ac2262a7b5a676f02d43ba7b9b6800b8b150d89980604c969f2 monero.linux.x86.v0-9-3-0.tar.bz2
c312ba0810bf04ab2e28b61a50de2a83c1c614fd789bab4cacacb716134a7239 monero.linux.arm7.v0-9-3-0.tar.bz2
Riccardo "fluffypony" Spagni Riccardo "fluffypony" Spagni
Version: GnuPG v1 Version: GnuPG v1
TTa+veq8job7jnyVI3C+kl2Wtws026CsUHy1TQNrU5krGs5FA77RFrozIIn4Ca7e 72ozR4OjdkNzl/z1PwcE2lAY8Z8od/OiZRB6zJl77555J+MxrP8rNa1i4fLRMAQn
su3u0K14hdO8d+bfiPf3n3eh+CTa5/ihbKVf8BannwjI9tyYzjrLSl49rfftdaRP 5hIss+dhy6dRf+Tfgd6sZo6iXE5zmvgeOHgIfdtU6TRUC0ak0TRuFeQsTd8sXUCW
vpCVyqbApkNzntiIyG/SypGEW9G1b9rQU4RGE0GK836zf4Pu2jz3ZD6Clbc+gGri u6bIhRS2Bgo3C/Nj/o4k8zPUBjElc4XQyFFMqaM3PUuG8Ok/j0Nzyd+P0Av+jdfe
/PmLSYBulkcbQ/7TW8Sl0sn+Lj1WF9duVqS/sZiXdws2sT++Lj4LzmNMGDE4SMLe 4SItOYH13V80ZnqEcp7QKeFKNYQVs7aGKzEMs/QNZvoscuiUA1RStkvwJ9pGfno/
eYWEu6FrgpmRzLAhqa3pWAOC12bmrINvU8W2/oAXMIPUdyTb3IDJtWhm2KGqJEo= F0cWnZSzGhYErIRldeQcTwJKIGtk1GcVnZLK1jkjlZeXq7MLtyKDblfctBfUmn8=
=3WkU =MkuA
\ No newline at end of file
...@@ -15,7 +15,7 @@ Monero Core consists of several applications, including bitmonerod (the daemon u ...@@ -15,7 +15,7 @@ Monero Core consists of several applications, including bitmonerod (the daemon u
If you are using Monero Core for the first time you can simply download an appropriate release, and run bitmonerod to get synced up to the network. If you are using Monero Core for the first time you can simply download an appropriate release, and run bitmonerod to get synced up to the network.
Note: the SHA hashes are listed by the downloads for convenience, but a GPG-signed list of the hashes is at [getmonero.org/downloads/hashes.txt](https://getmonero.org/downloads/hashes.txt) and should be treated as canonical, with the signature checked against the appropriate GPG key in the source code (in /utils/gpg_keys). Note: the SHA256 hashes are listed by the downloads for convenience, but a GPG-signed list of the hashes is at [getmonero.org/downloads/hashes.txt](https://getmonero.org/downloads/hashes.txt) and should be treated as canonical, with the signature checked against the appropriate GPG key in the source code (in /utils/gpg_keys).
<div class="row"> <div class="row">
Supports Markdown
0% or .
You are about to add 0 people to the discussion. Proceed with caution.
Finish editing this message first!
Please register or to comment