Continued Feather Wallet development (3 months)
This CCS proposal is for 3 months of full time Feather Wallet development.
Non-exhaustive list of things I want to work on / towards or experiment with:
- Prepare for next network upgrade
- Persistent payment requests
- Recurring payments
- Reproducible macOS builds
- More transaction types (e.g. multi-destination transactions with manual input selection)
- Improved wallet_api thread safety
- Move to Qt6
- Improving UI and documentation
- Fix bugs and issues as they arise
- Work on upstreaming patches to core
- Help review pull requests on core / GUI where needed
As always I will rely heavily on user feedback to determine where to put my focus.
Hi, I'm tobtoht. Creator of xmrguide and maintainer of Feather Wallet. I have been an active contributor to the Monero ecosystem since April 2018.
Some of the things I have worked on are:
- Worked on Feather Wallet full-time for ~1.5 years
- Created and maintained guides to set up Monero on Tails and Whonix (xmrguide, reddit)
- Made miscellaneous contributions to the GUI (most notably Tails support)
- Maintained a list of .onion remote nodes with their status
Work 40 hours per week over the next 3 months (Nov, Dec, Jan) at a rate of 45 EUR/hour. At €232 / XMR (14 day EMA) this makes 93 XMR.
Progress will be reported in #feather on OFTC. Updates will be posted to /r/FeatherWallet in the form on release changelogs.