...
 
Commits (167)
---
layout: cp
title: "ErCiccione: Coordinator of the Localization Workgroup - March"
author: ErCiccione
date: 31 March 2019
amount: 144
milestones:
- name: April
funds: 33% (48 XMR)
done: 7 April 2019
status: finished
- name: May
funds: 33% (48 XMR)
done: 7 May 2019
status: finished
- name: June
funds: 33% (48 XMR)
done: 7 June 2019
status: finished
payouts:
- date: 14 June 2019
amount: 144
---
Hi, This is ErCiccione with a new proposal for another quarter. You can see my last proposal [here](https://forum.getmonero.org/9/work-in-progress/91261/erciccione-coordinator-of-the-localization-workgroup).
# Who
Thanks to the generosiy of the community, i've been able to coordinate the localization workgroup for more than a year now. The localization workgroup is responsable for keeping our wallets/software/documentation/website multilingual, with the goal of reaching as many people as possible.
I've been a Monero contributors for a couple of years now, and in this time i put my hands on basically all Monero projects. I like to be everywhere and at the moment, beside the localization workgroup, some of my major contributions include:
- Help with the maintainance of getmonero.org and the monero-gui repository
- I founded and maintain the [Monero Ecosystem Project](https://github.com/monero-ecosystem/meta)
- I created and maintain the official [guide for the GUI wallet](https://github.com/monero-ecosystem/monero-GUI-guide)
- I do some [scam hunting](https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/asqrbu/church_of_monero_enough_is_enough_how_the_leader/) sometimes, but that's for fun :)
# What
All goals from past FFS were achieved, except for moving Monerujo to Pootle. **The emergency hard fork forced me to change many plans**, and i found myself with few days and a lot of languages to work on, for the GUI. This situation was a big stress test for Pootle, and i'm happy to say it passed it. **We managed to translate and review 2/3 of the languages of the gui** (the total is more than 30 languages) **in about 48 hours**. Thousands of strings translated and reviewed and about 60 volunteers partecipated. That was an amazing response and i'm very proud of it, sure i aged faster than i should have in those days, but it worthed it :)
 
## What do i practically do?
My job consists in making Monero as multilingual as possible, so that we can reach as many people as possible. What i do can be divided in two categories: *Support* and *coordination*.
For **support**, i mean that every single aspiring contributor is followed by me from the moment they make known their intention to help with translation until the moment they delivery it. This means find anspiring contributors on the many platforms we are on, teach them how to use our tools, answer any question and guide the contributor step-by-step. This is the most time consuming part of the work, since most of the contributors have no technical knowledge (which is the reason why we adopted [Pootle](https://translate.getmonero.org/projects/)).
**Coordinate** the workgroup means maintain the tools we use, review translations, make sure translations are up to date and make sure to always improve the way multi-language communities are reached, make announcements and call for translators. It also means resolve consensus disputes when they come up and help translators to work together to have as result an high quality work. I also try to always find new ways to make the work easier for the translator.
It's very hard to give some deliverable goals in my CCS proposals, but i can tell you that in the next three months i will keep pushing on using Pootle as the main platform for translators, this will be achieved moving all compatible projects on the platform (we already have CLI and GUI, Monerujo next), adopt a Translation Memory for consistency across projects, language-specific teams. I will also completely rethink the way we use Taiga, the task tracker, to make it easier to use and more interactive for everybody.
## Projects i take care of
As coordinator of the Localization Workgroup, **I'm the point of contact for Monero developers and users about the translations of all our software/wallets/documentation**. I am the one who assure new translations get added, old ones are updated and our guides are always available and up to date.
In practice i take care of:
+ Monero GUI Wallet
+ Monero CLI wallet
+ Monerujo
+ Monero website (getmonero.org)
+ [Monero Outreach Workgroup](https://github.com/monero-ecosystem/outreach-docs) (documentation)
+ Guide of the GUI wallet
+ Other small projects (the complete list can be found in the [Backlog on Taiga](https://taiga.getmonero.org/project/erciccione-monero-localization/backlog))
**About Kovri**. Kovri has been in this list for long time, but after all the drama from some months ago, i didn't hear anything from Anonimal and the project appear dead at the moment. I'm not wasting more resources on what appear to be a dead project.
# Links with info about me and the localization workgroup:
- [monero-translations](https://github.com/monero-ecosystem/monero-translations) on GitHub
- [My profile on Gitlab](https://repo.getmonero.org/erciccione)
- [My profile on GitHub](https://github.com/erciccione)
- [Taiga](https://taiga.getmonero.org/project/erciccione-monero-localization)
Updates about the localization workgroup are given every community meeting (twice a months), but i often make announcements on reddit (/u/erciccione) and Twitter (@calicferciccio).
# Milestones
Same as always: the rate i ask is $20/hour 30 hours/week (but i'm usually available for much longer than that), for 3 months. This means, considering an average of 1 XMR = 50$, 48 XMR each month, for a total of 144 XMR. Payouts will be around the 7th of every month (April, May, June). I'm making this proposal a bit late, so i'm asking the funds for the work i've done since the end of last proposal. Feedbacks, suggestions, questions and critics are welcome.
---
layout: cp
title: "New Localization platform: Weblate"
author: ErCiccione
date: 22 August 2019
amount: 11
milestones:
- name: Replace Pootle with Weblate
funds: 7.5
done: 13 October 2019
status: finished
- name: Update documentation, import terminology guides and translation memories
funds: 3.2
done: 13 October 2019
status: finished
payouts:
- date: 14 October 2019
amount: 11
---
Hello everybody, as preannounced in past community meetings, in the [dedicated meeting of the localization workgroup](https://web.getmonero.org/2019/05/04/logs-for-the-localization-workgroup-meeting-held-on-2019-05-03.html) and in [this reddit post](https://old.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/c06vuw/my_last_proposal_as_coordinator_of_the/), here is my CCS proposal for the integration of Weblate as new localization platform. I'll keep it as schematic and short as possible.
The first milestone is already ongoing and almost complete. This request of payment doesn't include the previous testing of weblate, which was included in my last CCS proposal, but only the actual installation/configuration on translate.getmonero.org (Where is already possible to see a read-only preview of the platform).
### What
This proposal is divided in 2 milestones:
1. *Install and configure Weblate*
Which means:
- Complete, operative and configured Weblate instance
- Import unpushed contributions from Pootle
- Set up logging and backups
- Set up a review and submission process for translations
As said, this work has been ongoing for some time. To have a less problematic implementation than Pootle I asked moneromooo to add the possibility to activate and deactivate languages in the CLI. See the [related issue](https://github.com/monero-project/monero/issues/5753). The translations still on pootle [have been PRd](https://github.com/monero-project/monero/pull/5788) and they just got merged.
While configuring weblate I found some issues with their documentation, so i thought would have been nice to give a small contribution back to this open source project. I opened two issues suggesting changes: ([1](https://github.com/WeblateOrg/weblate/issues/2838), [2](https://github.com/WeblateOrg/weblate/issues/2854)).
Note: In this state of things Monerujo will not be added to Weblate. Please see [this issue](https://github.com/m2049r/xmrwallet/issues/521) for the reasons.
Estimated amount of time needed for this milestone: **18 hours**
2. *Update documentation, import terminology guides and translation memories*
The Monero Localization Workgroup has terminology guides, translation memories and documentation created by members of the workgroup. Translation memories are easy to import/export, but the same cannot be said for the terminology guides. I will need to manually convert them to a format acceptable to Weblate and then import them on the platform.
Also, at the moment we have a guide for Pootle that I created when we started using it. I will replace this guide with one about Weblate, specific for Monero translators. All other documentation in [monero-translations](https://github.com/monero-ecosystem/monero-translations) and all references to Pootle in our ecosystem will be updated.
After weblate will be operative, I will maintain it as volunteer (no compensation)
I'm tracking most of the time spent working on Weblate with a time tracker, logs will be provided to the core team if requested.
Estimated amount of time needed for this milestone: **8 hours**
### Compensation
I always offered my work at a very low rate, $20/h, which translates in about €18/h (i'm based in europe). I think it's time to ask a "less political" price, especially since market volatility had a very heavy inpact on my income during the time I was community funded (about 1 1/2 year) and as some of you know, I fully lived on only Monero. For this proposal I'm asking **€30/h** (~$33/h), which will result in 7.5 XMR for the first milestone and 3.2 XMR for the second (considering the average of 1 XMR = €72) for a (rounded) total of *11 XMR*.
---
layout: fr
title: "Multiple features and fixes for getmonero.org"
author: erciccione
date: 16 October 2019
amount: 60
milestones:
- name: All issues impemented/resolved
funds:
done:
status: unfinished
payouts:
- date:
amount:
- date:
amount:
---
The website needs improvements and I would like to dedicate more time to it, if accepted, this proposal will allow me to fix some long standing issues and add some needed features.
I realized that I always end up working way more hours than decleared in the CCS, so for this one I'm using a different, delivery based, approach:
I listed the issues I want to work on below. This proposal will be considered complete once all the issues mentioned are resolved and closed. The specific implementation of each issue will be based on feedbacks from the community, but most of them are self-explanatory.
#### Overhaul of the 'Downloads' page
I already started working on this issue. Right now I cannot afford to dedicate much time to it, but as soon as this proposal is accepted I'll make it my first priority. I will also contact translators asking them to translate the new page, but i cannot give a timeframe for when the translations will be ready, since that entirely depends on the translators themselves.
https://repo.getmonero.org/monero-project/monero-site/issues/997
#### Onion mirror of Getmonero.org
I think would be beneficial for the website to have a *.onion* mirror. The community expressed interest in this, but nobody went ahead and created it. The onion website would be managed by me, but right after the launch I will propose the core team to hand them the credentials. If they accept, good, otherwise, I will maintain it.
https://repo.getmonero.org/monero-project/monero-site/issues/958
#### Add user guide on how to use bootstrapped blockchain
As explained in the issue, we provide the blockchain, but we don't say how to use it. I will create a user guide where all the steps are explained.
https://repo.getmonero.org/monero-project/monero-site/issues/980
#### Improve 'Accepting Monero' section
THe *Accepting Monero* section is very old and technical, I want to update it and make it much simpler. All details in my comment on the issue.
https://repo.getmonero.org/monero-project/monero-site/issues/992#note_7283
#### Add CI
I want to implement [GitLab's Continuous Integration system](https://about.gitlab.com/product/continuous-integration/), to allow us to automatically test the website and new PRs (something similar to the buildbots we have on GitHub). This will make life easier for maintainers and contributors. I will work with moneromooo (for installing the runner on our GitLab instance) and luigi1111 to make this happen. The resulting structure can be used by other repositories on the GitLab instance.
#### Add reference to mailing list
https://repo.getmonero.org/monero-project/monero-site/issues/1000
#### Add structure for localized videos
This is something that has been in my todo list for some time. I think would be cool to give people the opportunity to have the video on the homepage of getmonero in their language. We already have the Brazilian Portuguese version waiting to be uploaded.
https://repo.getmonero.org/monero-project/monero-site/issues/952
#### Add link or section where it's possible to download marketing material
https://repo.getmonero.org/monero-project/monero-site/issues/909
## Milestones and reward
As said at the beginning, this is a project-based CCS. It should be considered completed when all the points mentioned above are resolved. I'm asking 3000 Euros, at the rate of 1 XMR = 49 eur EUR makes a total of `60 XMR`, to be rewarded at completition.
---
layout: cp
title: RandomX Audits
author: Howard Chu
date: 20 May 2019
amount: 1400
milestones:
- name: Kudelski
funds: 215
done: 12 April 2019
status: finished
- name: X41
funds: 555
done: 10 May 2019
status: finished
- name: QuarksLab
funds: 625
done: 10 May 2019
status: finished
payouts:
- date: 30 May 2019
amount: 1293.8
---
This is the funding request for the audits for the RandomX Proof of Work algorithm that we've
been working on for the past year or so. Our aim has been to develop a PoW that requires any
implementation to include the major components of a CPU, and thus constrain all implementations
to have CPU-like performance. The code for RandomX is available for testing on
https://github.com/tevador/RandomX/
We solicited proposals from 4 different audit teams. One of these is already being paid for
by Arweave.org. The community voted to fund the other 3, in this priority order. The vote
occurred on https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/bozr0z/randomx_auditor_selection/
Like with the Bulletproofs audit, We are working with the Open Source Technology Improvement Fund (OSTIF),
which has generously offered to manage the exchange of XMR to fiat to pay the reviewers.
REQUEST
1. Kudelski 18,250 CHF ~ $18,094.04
2. X41 42,000 Euro ~ $46,902.58
3. QuarksLab $52,800.00
The total amount is around $118,000 (and may vary due to exchange rate fluctuations from USD
to CHF and EUR). The request is for 1400 XMR, using an exhange estimate of 1 XMR = 85 USD. Since
the funding is in fiat currency, this amount will be updated to reflect price fluctuations
until funded.
The reviews will be funded in this order as soon as sufficient funds are available. This means
that as soon as enough funds have been raised to pay for Kudelski we will engage them to begin
their review. If/when sufficient funds are raised to pay for X41 we will start that; if/when
sufficient additional funds are raised to cover QuarksLab we will start that. If we don't raise
enough funds to cover all 3 reviews we will go with whatever we can cover. As with any other CCS
proposal, any funds collected that aren't sufficient to meet a funding target will be reverted
to the general development fund.
Reviews must be completed by end of June so that any identified problems can be fixed by July,
and ready for a code freeze and subsequent October release.
---
layout: wip
title: GUI UX coding (3 months)
author: dsc
date: 17 April, 2019
amount: 282
milestones:
- name: 1st month
funds: 33% (94 XMR)
done: 22 August 2019
status: finished
- name: 2nd month
funds: 33% (94 XMR)
done:
status: unfinished
- name: 3rd month
funds: 33% (94 XMR)
done:
status: unfinished
payouts:
- date: 22 August 2019
amount: 94 XMR
- date:
amount:
- date:
amount:
---
# What
32 hours a week for 3 months. [My last proposal](https://forum.getmonero.org/9/work-in-progress/90931/full-time-gui-coding) was the first where I was able to dedicate fulltime attention to Monero. Thus, past 3 months has seen substantial improvements to the GUI. For example, all points from [this issue](https://github.com/monero-project/monero-gui/issues/1568) have been resolved or at least improved upon.
# Who
I'm dsc, familiar with Monero GUI internals and contributed to the GUI codebase since fall 2017.
My contributions/experience:
- https://github.com/monero-project/monero-gui/commits?author=xmrdsc
- https://github.com/xmrdsc/py-levin/commits?author=xmrdsc (autonode.xmr.pm)
- https://github.com/wownero/wownero-funding-system/commits?author=xmrdsc
- https://github.com/wownero/Wownero-Light-Wallet/commits?author=xmrdsc
- https://github.com/monero-ecosystem/qml-xmr/commits?author=xmrdsc
- https://github.com/monero-ecosystem/moneriote-python/commits?author=xmrdsc (moneroworld)
- Free VPS Hosting for XMR i2p workgroup, Noncense Research Lab and a Gitea [backup git](https://git.xmr.pm) instance.
- The fan-favourite & glorious IRC bot `xmr-pr` - making everyones life more managable
# Report on the previous 3 months
- [Introduced white theme](https://github.com/monero-project/monero-gui/pull/2060)
- [New wizards](https://github.com/monero-project/monero-gui/pull/1909), both code and design rewritten from scratch
- [Simple mode](https://github.com/monero-project/monero-gui/pull/1909): automatic remote node finder (autonode.xmr.pm)
- [IPC](https://github.com/monero-project/monero-gui/pull/2029) (`monero://` and `moneroseed://` uri handler)
- Introduced font-awesome + .svg for higher quality icons
- [New transaction history page](https://github.com/monero-project/monero-gui/pull/2025)
- Wrote a 'GUI development guidelines' document (not released yet :-P)
In addition I 'cleaned up' QML components and reviewed/rewrote existing QML/js logic. Good QML components lead to a more stable/clean UX. This is time consuming, as QML is not intuitive or easy to work with (compared to, say, HTML + CSS). These efforts are a balance between "needing to clean up the codebase before we can continue" versus "delivering tangible results the community benefits from".
# Proposal
32 hours per week at 50 USD/hour rate for a total of 282 XMR. XMR/USD rate is roughly based on the average of the past 2 weeks.
I'd rather not post bi-weekly updates in this PR/Reddit, rather wish to have a weekly meeting on Tuesday in `#monero-gui` on Freenode. This will be an opportunity where the GUI workgroup discusses recent developments, open issues/PRs, and to-do's.
# What I want to focus on
Or rather, what I could choose to focus on. Following list is unordered in terms of prioritization.
### Tor/i2p integration
Due to knaccc/jgrassie's efforts (et al.), Monero now has support for tor/i2p. GUI should implement this. Challenges ahead:
1. Come up with a design that works in terms of UX
1. How to present tor/i2p options to the user?
2. Where can the user switch between connection types?
2. tiny-i2p/tor binaries will not be included in the GUI release, how to deal with this?
## Android/Purism
Purism has shown interest in having Monero GUI natively and included by default on their Librem 5 (phone). This idea has overlap with a long standing wish of having an Android GUI release, as both would require [a new QML application](https://github.com/monero-project/monero-gui/issues/2026).
Time estimates for both Android/librem support would most likely result in at least 50% of this CCS's time allocation. As such, I'm not commiting to this task before the community prioritizes this goal and/or someone wants to partially fund this mobile adventure :-o)
## Support database pruning
[More info here](https://github.com/monero-project/monero-gui/issues/2087).
## Fix update checker
GUI has functionality to check if a newer version of the GUI is available, via DNS. I believe this was disabled some time ago. We should get this functionality working.
## Rewrite modals and popups
Current GUI popups can be improved. Kneuffeulbund [made new designs](https://i.imgur.com/ERxMW0S.png) I'd like to implement.
## Monerod as a service on Linux/MacOS
The ability to register/create a `monerod` service from within the GUI, and add it to system startup using systemd (linux), LaunchAgent (MacOS) + system tray. For Windows, such registration should take place in rbrunner's installer. I will not work on a Windows service.
This should also support [Automatic mining](https://github.com/monero-project/monero-gui/issues/2046).
## User testing session GUI feedback
Take user feedback from [an IRL GUI testing session](https://github.com/monero-project/monero-gui/issues/2040) and implement them.
## Integrate the Monero GUI guide
Integrate the Monero GUI guide from the translations workgroup inside the GUI, using a markdown to HTML renderer, inside QML, using QtWebView.
## Tooltips, context menus
Right-click->copy/paste would be nice to have for input boxes. Also help tooltips.
## moneroseed://
Support for `moneroseed://` URIs. [More info here](https://github.com/monero-project/monero-gui/issues/2023).
## CMake build recipe
A CMake recipe, replacing qmake, will be a requirement to create reproducible builds. Currently I'm experimenting with one, it may be finished soon. Might also not be. Would like to work with TheCharlatan on this.
## Misc. GUI development
- Manage issue tracker
- Bugfixes
- Improving QML components where fit
- Code review PRs
---
layout: fr
layout: cp
title: "el00ruobuob: JANUARY TO MARCH (PART TIME FOR A NEW QUARTER)"
author: el00ruobuob
date: 02/03/2018
date: February 3, 2019
amount: 45
milestones:
- name: January
funds: 33.33% (XMR 15)
done:
status: unfinished
done: January 31, 2019
status: completed
- name: February
funds: 33.33% (XMR 15)
done:
status: unfinished
done: February 28, 2019
status: completed
- name: March
funds: 33.33% (XMR 15)
done:
status: unfinished
done: March 31, 2019
status: completed
payouts:
- date:
amount:
- date:
amount:
- date:
amount:
- date: April 3, 2019
amount: 15
- date: April 3, 2019
amount: 15
- date: April 3, 2019
amount: 15
---
......
---
layout: cp
title: knueffelbund GUI design for Q2 2019
author: knueffelbund
date: 3 April 2019
amount: 37
milestones:
- name: April
funds: 33% (12 XMR)
done: 30 April 2019
status: finished
- name: May
funds: 33% (12 XMR)
done: 13 May 2019
status: finished
- name: June
funds: 33% (13 XMR)
done: 30 June 2019
status: finished
payouts:
- date: 8 August 2019
amount: 37
---
Hi,
This is my first proposal, but I've been contributing to the design of the Monero GUI wallet [since November, 2017](https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/7c0bo7/had_some_fun_yesterday_evening_restyling_the/). You can see the designs I've done so far on [Github](https://github.com/GBKS/monero-wallet-design) and [Zeplin](https://scene.zeplin.io/project/5a0777492a92d8ac5beb3125). I also designed and built [ExploreMonero.com](https://www.exploremonero.com) and organize my crypto UX research [here](https://www.cryptouxhandbook.com/). The GUI team has really picked up the pace of development the past few months, and I'd like to continue supporting them with design work as much as I can. That's why I'm putting this proposal together.
A lot of my work as a UX designer has to do with usability. For example, I recently did some [user testing](https://paper.dropbox.com/doc/Monero-GUI-user-testing--AaiYNKmVg5Vjqt5_ik~UEsoMAg-YAWmy01OJa5vkmdQvt6wg) on the wallet, in which it become clear that the mnemonic seed section during wallet creation is easily missed by users. So I created a [design and proposal](https://github.com/monero-project/monero-gui/issues/2043) to move this part into a separate screen. I'm just mentioning this because my proposed work is all about usability improvements, not about changing the visual styling of the wallet (other than the new white theme). Good usability his hugely important if want Monero to become more widely used.
Things I'd like to work on the next 3 months:
- Iterate the merchant page ([first draft](https://www.dropbox.com/s/kf1t5hmip64kpuk/monero-merchant-page-gbks-190314.png?dl=0))
- Address more feedback from the [user testing session](https://paper.dropbox.com/doc/Monero-GUI-user-testing--AaiYNKmVg5Vjqt5_ik~UEsoMAg-YAWmy01OJa5vkmdQvt6wg), particularly the first steps after wallet creation
- Revise send flow (which currently involves 4 differently styled overlays)
- Make it more obvious how accounts and addresses are organized in the wallet
- Make it more inituitive to add transactions descriptions and manage your address book
- Support implementation of the white theme
- Work with Electricsheep01 to integrate [his ideas](https://github.com/monero-project/monero-gui/issues/2024) into the wallet design
If the community has other priorities for design improvements (how about a [mobile app](https://www.dropbox.com/s/inodkkm8xjv7sry/Monero-mobile-concept-gbks-180823.png?dl=0)?), I'd be happy to switch things up.
All my work is directly done in high-fidelity designs (vs wireframes, which are more helpful when creating new software vs iterating existing software). All designs will be publicly posted in Github and Zeplin, and open for discussion via Reddit and Github issues ([example](https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/ae6zet/feedback_required_wizard_redesign_icons/)).
The funding amount is based on the following math:
- 60 hours = 5 hours per week for 12 weeks (~3 months)
- 0.6289 XMR per hour ($30 + 0.2 XMR per hour at 1 XMR = $69.95)
- 60 hours * 0.6289 XMR per hour = ~37 XMR
Let me know if you have any questions, and thanks in advance for your support.
\ No newline at end of file
---
layout: fr
layout: cp
title: Raise some XMR for the General Fund
author: rehrar
date: February 19, 2019
......@@ -7,11 +7,11 @@ amount: 100
milestones:
- name: Send raised funds to the General Fund
funds: 100 XMR
done:
status: unfinished
done: 6/12/19
status: finished
payouts:
- date:
amount:
- date: 6/12/19
amount: 100
---
Hey everyone, rehrar here. Just as a way to show off the CCS, and give some people a chance to try it and donate, let's raise a little money for Monero's General Fund, stewarded by the Core Team.
\ No newline at end of file
---
layout: cp
title: Monero representation at the Oslo Freedom Forum 2019
author: midipoet
date: May 8, 2019
amount: 40 XMR
milestones:
- name: Book Flights and Hotel and Food
funds: 20 XMR
done: 15 May 2019
status: finished
- name: Return and deliver report
funds: 20 XMR
done: 8 June 2019
status: finished
payouts:
- date: May 15, 2019
amount: 20 XMR
- date: June 8, 2019
amount: 20 XMR
---
**Title -** midipoet: represent Monero Outreach at [Oslo Freedom Forum 2019](https://oslofreedomforum.com/events/2019-oslo-freedom-forum)
**What -** Alex Gladstein, from the [Human Rights Foundation](https://hrf.org/) had previously got in touch with Monero Outreach about the possibility of having someone at their [Oslo Freedom Forum](https://oslofreedomforum.com/events/2019-oslo-freedom-forum) event at the end of May 2019. xmrhaelan messaged me and asked would i be interested in going, as he knows i am close (europe based). I subsequently spoke with Alex on the phone, and we agreed that the event would be more of a fringe meetup/workshop, hosted by them in a semi-formal setting. It would probably be one/two hours - perhaps invite only (speakers and attendees) - and would be a chance to talk and demonstrate Monero to a new audience. Communicating Monero’s ideology, technology, its affordances for censorship resistance, civil liberty, information and financial privacy would be the primary goal. The workshop/event would also include a section where users would start using a mobile wallet, sending and receiving Monero, understanding the backup procedure, and so on. I would also attend the OFF event as a Monero representative. Since that initial conversation we have had contact with [Blockchangers](https://www.blockchangers.com/) who will be helping coordinate the event alongside Monero in Oslo. I believe this is a chance for some good publicity for Monero, and to also bring the technology to a new, interested, and in need audience.
**Who -** I hope a few more know me by now, but if not, hello! here is a little blurb. I have been in and around the community for a few years; slowly getting more involved as time goes on. Most of my recent interaction with the community has been through an Information Systems research project being conducted at University College Cork, Ireland. The result of this is now in the peer review process (which is a pain by the way). I will be presenting the findings of the research at Konferenco (https://monerokon.com). Get your tickets now! My latest claim to Monero fame is a talk i gave at TabConf which can be found [here](https://youtu.be/6JIz_H8irAQ). I also recently gave a talk at at [CryptoFinance Oslo](https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/9yh9zi/cryptofinance_oslo_2018_report_by_midipoet/). Both of these trips were funded by the community, so thank you! Other than that, i would say i am just a community member and a privacy advocate. I am also a Dr (not a real one); completing my PhD in distributed music systems before shifting over to Information Systems and Financial Technology (don’t ask!). I am really just trying to stay away from the real world as long as possible.
**Why -** Its kind of difficult to say no to this one, as in all honesty i think this is the exact type of event we should be trying to get exposure for Monero at.
**The Proposal and Milestones -** This is going to be difficult, but i am am going to have to ask for all expenses and costs for this one. The Human Rights Foundation are not in a position to cover anything (though they are providing the venue). This means that my flight, hotel, food expenses, printing material expenses, some food and drinks for the participants (i am thinking some simple vegetarian friendly food and some water/soft drinks), and crucially some XMR to allow people to play around with the tech all need to be covered by the community.
I will ask for two payouts for this. One paid out before the event, as soon as the CCS is filled. This will allow me to book flights, pay for hotels, print education material so on and so forth, and the other on my return. i think that is quite fair. I am open to discussing any and all of this proposal if people have any issues.
**Expiration -** June 15th 2019
**Funding details (in EURO) -**
**Hotel:** €175 x 3 nights = €450
**Flight:** €250 (as at 06/05/2019)
**Food for me:** €50 per day for three days = €150
**Taxis/Trains/Busses/Ubers to and from airport:** €20 per day for three days = €60
**Printing Costs for Outreach material:** = €200
**Food for the workshop participants:** = €500
Based on an approximate XMR price of **€55 euro per XMR**, this equates to **29.27 XMR**
**Monero for workshop purposes:** = 0.1XMR per participant approx 100 participants. 10 XMR
**Total Cost:** 39.27 XMR **rounded up to 40 XMR**
**NB:** in a perfect world, i would like someone to be at this event with me. if the community thinks that is wise, i would like to nominate someone and then add this to the ask. I am open to discussion on all of the above.
\ No newline at end of file
---
layout: cp
title: Monero Defcon 27 Supplies
author: ajs
date: May 22, 2019
amount: 73
milestones:
- name: contract storage space
funds: 9 XMR
done: June 18, 2019
status: finished
- name: purchase supplies
funds: 17 XMR
done: June 18, 2019
status: finished
- name: bring last year supplies
funds: 1 XMR
done: June 18, 2019
status: finished
- name: donate extra to General Fund
funds: 46 XMR
done: June 18, 2019
status: finished
payouts:
- date: June 18, 2019
amount: 27 XMR
- date: June 18, 2019
amount: 46 XMR
---
### Update
Milestones and payouts have changed: https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/c1stli/status_update_defcon_av_supplies_ccs/
### What
Last year the people at Defcon were nice enough to provide us Audio/Video recording for our village, however the quality could have been better as can be seen from the videos here:
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SuzXZj9FIk
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjM3GTBaUvo
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAzYkg3wuHs
#### Why did the video suck and how can it be improved?
The main problem with the video quality was lighting. The ISO might have been set too high causing a grainy image with lots of noise. The proposed solution is to use a LED lighting to help lower the ISO and properly light the subject from different angles. I plan to rent a Promaster LED1000B Specialist LED 2 Light Transport Kit from [B&C Camera](https://store.bandccamera.com/pages/rentals).
Another problem with the video, was audio. To improve it, I will rent a Zoom H5 Handy Recorder to record the sound directly from the mixer. After Defcon, I'll import the audio and edit the videos with [Shotcut](https://shotcut.org). In post-production, I'm going to blur the faces of attendees if recorded by accident to protect their privacy. I will then upload the videos to Youtube. This work will be done on an unpaid basis.
In addition, I plan to set up a live video stream with [Elgato Cam Link 4K](https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07K3FN5MR/?coliid=I3V4ALDHDY46MO&colid=33LDRRB08T8TY) and [OBS](https://obsproject.com). The video link will be embedded directly in the [Monero village website](http://monerovillage.org). Stream will be broadcast in 720p/60 fps format and will connect to a [HDMI Switch](https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GGT7SZD/?coliid=I3M2DJMM8AR4VC&colid=33LDRRB08T8TY) to have 3 feeds to switch from live (projector, [camcorder A](https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QJ7VPD4/?coliid=IX1PEBMAZGHIA&colid=33LDRRB08T8TY), camcorder B).
The video set up will be as follows:
![video schematic](https://taiga.getmonero.org/media/attachments/6/e/e/c/f98fe471f64647eca9448b805b9f962421f243cf952de69e50dba0da498b/defcon27_video.png)
#### The PA system
Last year, we didn't have a PA system for the first few talks due to difficulties in coordinating with goons. Defcon can be hectic and it is hard getting in contact with the right people. They were able to eventually help us get one set up. It would be much better to have our own PA system set up before the talks. I suggest getting this [Rockville Package PA System](https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MQMQ53X/?coliid=I2KJ3EO3YN78UM&colid=33LDRRB08T8TY).
The audio set up will be as follows:
![audio schematic](https://taiga.getmonero.org/media/attachments/8/8/8/c/3517ffb2d2bbee898a9be5401f790a5fd8b0defb5b026135ff30797d935b/defcon27.jpg)
#### How do you plan to store all this stuff after Defcon?
Last year, the community [funded the purchase of supplies](https://forum.getmonero.org/8/funding-required/90538/monero-defcon-26-supplies) and a member that lives in Las Vegas helped with receiving packages (an inventory of what we have can be viewed [here](https://taiga.getmonero.org/media/attachments/8/2/2/8/9df754fad4c3c2be89abd76f6bb617b77471219f01950b407f957871231c/inventory.ods)). After Defcon, I packed all the supplies and banners in a large duffle bag and checked in the luggage for my trip back home. I kept the bag in a garage and will take it with me back to Las Vegas this year. If we fund the purchase of Audio/Video equipment, it is not practical to fly stuff back and forth.
I propose leasing a space in Las Vegas in a climate-controlled warehouse. I've received a quote from a logistics company that specializes in expos. We will be able to ship supplies from Amazon directly to the company for storage. A community member plans to rent a SUV during Defcon and has offered to help transport between the warehouse to hotel and back.
### Who
I am ajs. I've co-authored the scripts for the [Monero explainer videos](https://github.com/monero-ecosystem/promo-video) and volunteered last year to help with Defcon badges, supplies, and communications direction. This year, I will be response for A/V activities, communications direction, and logistics delivery.
### Proposal & Milestones
- Sign storage lease (1 year, includes package handling charges) - June 15, 2019 ($800)
- Purchase [A/V equipment](https://taiga.getmonero.org/media/attachments/3/1/0/2/4140a3930a080ed9a68d5da1803e772719346e1dfddbeac656731dd2c3a1/amazon3.pdf) - July 1, 2019 ($1,128.22)
- Oversized checked baggage (last year's supplies and banners) - August 5, 2019 ($100)
- Rental equipment August 6, 2019 ($524.56)
```
Promaster LED1000B Specialist LED 2 Light Transport Kit - Bi-Color
Qty: 7 Days @ $17.14
$120.00
Deposit $300.00
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Body
Qty: 7 Days @ $40.71
$285.00
Deposit $3000.00
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM
Qty: 7 Days @ $4.29
$30.00
Deposit $50.00
Benro Mach 3 Legs with Manfrotto MHXPRO-2W 2-Way Pan/Tilt Head
Qty: 7 Days @ $4.29
$30.00
Deposit $100.00
Canon LP-E6N Battery
Qty: 7 Days @ $2.14
$15.00
Deposit: $50.00
Zoom H5 Handy Recorder with Interchangeable Microphone System
Qty: 7 Days @ $8.57
$60.00
Deposit: $100.00
Sub-Total: $480.00
Tax (8.25%): $44.55
Total (USD): $524.56
```
Total cost: $2,552.78
Security deposit: $3,600 (deposit will be returned to core team after the event and saved for next year's rentals)
Exchange estimate of 1 XMR = 85 USD
## Grand Total: 73 XMR
---
layout: cp
title: A Monero Tip Bot for Telegram
author: HAH! Sun (omani)
date: July 10, 2019
amount: 13
milestones:
- name: Collect Feature Requests and Prototype the Telegram bot
funds: 1
done: 1 October 2019
status: finished
- name: Implement Features
funds: 5
done: 1 October 2019
status: finished
- name: Intensive Testing of Bot on Stagenet Within Monero Telegram Groups / Bug Fixing
funds: 4
done: 1 October 2019
status: finished
- name: Delivering Bot to Monero Project Team
funds: 0
done: 17 October 2019
status: finished
- name: Maintenance and Support
funds: 3
done: 17 October 2019
status: finished
payouts:
- date: 1 October 2019
amount: 10
- date: 18 October 2019
amount: 3
---
# Monero Tipping Bot
I would like to put forward a proposal for the development of a Monero tipping bot. I am a code contributor to the Monero Project and author of the [Go Monero RPC Client](https://github.com/monero-ecosystem/go-monero-rpc-client) and a member of the [Monero Ecosystem](https://moneroecosystem.org/) and I believe that I have all the necessary skills to complete this development.
Like many others, I enjoy using Telegram on a daily basis. I am an active member in various monero groups on Telegram and I have noticed the huge interest in a Monero tip bot. So here I am, putting myself forward with a proposal to develop, and deliver, the first ever Monero tip bot for Telegram.
## The Proposal and Milestones
I aim to combine my Monero RPC Client and the Monero Wallet RPC with the official Telegram Bot API.
The Bot will be written in Golang, as is the above mentioned Monero RPC Client of mine that I will be using.
The Bot will be group-enabled, publicly available and accessable in Telegram. Users can use the bot to tip each other from within or outside a group. Users will be able to receive a notification upon sending or receiving a tip when they have started the bot (in a PM, which is standard practice in Telegram).
### What can this bot do?
This bot is the first of its kind and effectively a Monero wallet for telegram. A telegram user can receive and send Moneros from this wallet using this bot.
Nothing will be stored on the server (where the bot is running), except the wallet, of course. Other than that, no user data, personal information or any other personal data will be stored. Everything happens on-chain and thus no backend database is required. You can tip other users, friends and people in groups, set up giveaways and do lots of other cool things, like sending monero to regular wallet addresses!
The bot is group-friendly, meaning it won't spam the group with messages. Most of the wallet relevant information will be sent to the user via PM.
## Milestones
### 1. Collect Feature Requests and Prototype the Telegram bot
Gather feature requests from telegram users in various Monero groups and decide on a final specification for the bot. Put together the base, boilerplate and structure of the code and make it ready to implement the requested features.
Estimated time: 1 week
### 2. Implement Features
Develop the bot and roll out a test version with the essential and some of the desirable features, in order of priority. Initial focus will be on security and interoperability with the Monero Wallet RPC. Enhanced functionality will be rolled out in regular future updates.
Estimated time: 2 weeks (for core release)
### 3. Intensive Testing of Bot on Stagenet Within Monero Telegram Groups
At this point the bot will need extensive testing to ensure robustness and verify the security features. I propose to test it on stagenet by adding the bot into various groups and let people tip each other with stagenet coins. Every user who is interested to test the bot will be tipped with a certain amount of stagenet coins, big enough to complete a standardised testing script followed by some ‘real life’ use. Stagenet coins will be provided by myself and/or other stagenet coin owners who would like to be involved with this project. I expect a minimum of 50 people to test this bot depending on the degree of engagement from the Monero community. Bug reports from the community and testers will be collected and fixes will be deployed accordingly. Once testing is complete, the operator will switch from stagenet to mainnet by connecting to a daemon running on mainnet.
Estimated time: 4 weeks.
### 4. Delivering Bot to Monero Project Team
Ownership of the bot can be transferred to the official Monero Project Team (Core Team) at any point during the development, should they wish to do so. This official ‘Monero Team’ branding has the obvious advantage of increasing trust in the product, which should drive adoption on Telegram. The bot requires a Monero Wallet RPC Daemon running on a wallet that is also hosted on the node (meaning the operator holds the private keys and seed). All one needs to operate the bot on Telegram is a server (eg. Virtual Private Server or Virtual Machine) and a running Monero Wallet RPC (holding the wallet) that is connected to a remote node. Any chosen individual ‘of trust’ can host the wallet on any server of choice.
### 5. Maintenance and Support
As long as I am the author/maintainer of the repository, I will provide support for the code. Eg: Updates on the code when a new version of the Monero Wallet RPC is released, bug fixes, implementation of new features, maintaining Telegram API compatibility etc.
## Cost
* Collect Feature Requests and Prototype the Telegram bot: 1 XMR
* Implement Features: 5 XMR
* Intensive Testing of Bot on Stagenet Within one or more Monero Telegram groups / Bug Fixing: 4 XMR
* Maintenance and Support: 3 XMR (one time fee)
__Total: 13 XMR__
## Notes
*Authors wish*: I really hope that the Monero Team considers my proposal, and my track record, and takes up this offer. I am genuinely motivated by a desire to contribute towards the growth of the Monero community and the entire Monero ecosytem.
Should the Monero core team prefer to host the bot themselves after this is coded, this can be easily arranged and the transfer will be fully supported by myself.
The Code will be open source and licensed under the MIT License and will be under the umbrella of the the Monero Ecosystem by transfering the repository to the [monero-ecosystem organization](https://github.com/monero-ecosystem) on Github, like I did with the mentioned Go Monero RPC Client.
## Who?
Sun (also known as `@tombish` on Telegram and `omani` on Github).
---
layout: cp
title: moneromooo coding, april 2019
author: moneromooo
date: 15 March 2019
amount: 410
milestones:
- name: April
funds: 33% (137 XMR)
done: April 30, 2019
status: finished
- name: May
funds: 33% (137 XMR)
done: May 31, 2019
status: finished
- name: June
funds: 33% (136 XMR)
done: June 30, 2019
status: finished
payouts:
- date: 22 August 2019
amount: 410 XMR
---
Hi,
I'm continuing my work on Monero as always, and I'm asking for support for 3 more months.
I've started adding RPC tests to monerod and monero-wallet-rpc, and I'll be adding more of those in the near/medium future. They've already found a few bugs.
Some of the things I'm planning to work on:
- new output selection system for better privacy
- 0.14.1 release
- more pruning related work
I'll also probably work on multiuser transactions. Possibly on pay-for-service for RPC. If the MRL vets it early enough, Dandelion. And a lot of other things I'm sure.
Link to the last two months' work: https://forum.getmonero.org/6/ideas/91206/moneromooo-january-march-coding
Using the customary hourly $30 + .2 monero guide, with monero currently at ~$51, the target this time is 410 monero.
Thank you
---
layout: wip
title: moneromooo coding, july 2019
author: moneromooo
date: 01 June 2019
amount: 294
milestones:
- name: july/august
funds: 33% (98 XMR)
done: 31 August 2019
status: finished
- name: september
funds: 33% (98 XMR)
done: 30 September 2019
status: finished
- name: october
funds: 33% (98 XMR)
done:
status: unfinished
payouts:
- date: 1 October 2019
amount: 294
---
**[note: milestones have been updated to reflect some vacation time]**
Hi all,
I'm continuing with more work on Monero. This is my request for donations for this work for the next three months.
Highlights of last three month stint can be found here:
https://repo.getmonero.org/monero-project/ccs-proposals/merge_requests/46
Here are some of the things that I'm expecting to work on:
0.14.1 release
bandwidth savings in sync
more tests
CLSAG integration (assuming it passes final MRL vetting)
Possibly Dandelion, assuming again MRL vets a monero version
With the usual hourly $30 + .2 monero guide, and monero currently at <s>~$93</s> <s>~$85</s> ~$82, the target this time is <s>272</s> <s>288</s> 294 monero.
Thank you
---
layout: fr
title: "moneromooo: three months from November 2019
author: moneromooo
date: 23 October 2019
amount: 395
milestones:
- name: first month
funds: 33.33% (131 XMR)
done:
status: unfinished
- name: first month
funds: 33.33% (131 XMR)
done:
status: unfinished
- name: first month
funds: 33.34% (133 XMR)
done:
status: unfinished
payouts:
- date:
amount:
---
Hi,
I've been delaying this CCS because I'm going to have unknown time to work on Monero for the foreseeable future,
so I wasn't sure what to do. I've decided that the best is to continue as if normal, but the "months" may end up
taking more than a month, depending on how much time I spend on Monero. I cannot predict in advance how much of
my time will be spent on it. It may well be that I'll end up with full time on Monero, but there's no guarantee
of this at all. So, with this caveat clear to all, I apply for funding for the next three months' worth of work,
to cover November to January at least, and probably ending somewhat later than that. I'll still post monthly
updates along with how much time I put for that month.
Here's the link to my previous three months: https://repo.getmonero.org/monero-project/ccs-proposals/merge_requests/75
I have no particular things I'm planning to be working on as a definite, though I hope that CLSAG will be one of
them, if the audits get done. Dandelion was picked up by vtnerd. The new pay for service system could need some
more work. Otherwise it'll be whatever pops up at the time.
As usual, the target rate is $30 + 0.2 monero per hour, so with Monero currently at $53.63, we get 395 monero.
Thanks
---
layout: cp
title: "Defcon Monero Party 2019"
author: pwrcycle
date: March 11, 2019
amount: 57
milestones:
- name: Prepare to throw the party
funds: 57
done: June 19, 2019
status: finished
payouts:
- date: June 19, 2019
amount: 57 XMR
---
### Proposal ###
This proposal is to throw another Monero Party on Augutst 10th, 2019, Saturday night at Defcon 27 in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.
I have an agreement with a club at a Defcon hotel where we will provide DJs for the night and anyone with a Defcon Badge or Monero Badge gets in free +1 guest.
### Importance to the Monero Community ###
Defcon is a hacker convention which promotes the principles of privacy and open source, which align with the Monero project. Exposing hackers to Monero is an excellent opportunity to gain real users and developers to the project. The party gives the opportunity for contributers to the project and the village an opportunity to interact with Defcon attendees outside the official bounds of the con.
In 2017 there was a small gathering funded by Defcon attendees in a small suite.
In 2018 there was an official Monero Village at Defcon and a larger suite party.
The funds would go toward:
1. Hiring DJ (DJs from the hacker community bring more hackers to the event) $1500 ($300/DJ)
2. Creating Monero medallions, (as we have done the past 2 years #BadgeLife) $800 ($8.00/Medallion)
3. Glowsticks, candy, party trinkets, signs, stickets, etc. $500
4. Drinks (anything money not spent will be used to buy drinks to be given to Monero Badge holders) $200
Links:
2017 Announcement: https://np.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/6mmebi/defcon_monero_party/
2018 Announcement: https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/8v2lz2/defcon_monero_party_2018/
2019 Question: https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/azah46/should_we_do_a_defcon_monero_party_again_this_year/
Expiration date: June 1, 2019
---
layout: fr
title: rehrar to 36C3
author: rehrar
date: October 17, 2019
amount: 58.65
milestones:
- name: Payout to purchase the things
funds: 58.65
done:
status: unfinished
payouts:
- date:
amount:
---
Heyo everyone. Welcome back to another edition of "rehrar asks for money to do Monero related things". In this episode, rehrar wants to go back to C3. So I guess this one is called rehrar to C3 2: Return of Jafar.
Basically, similar to last year, I want to go help at 36C3. Last year I was the MC, did general coordination, and helped to run the floor and speeches, as well as giving a few speeches on my own.
The costs to send me to Leipzig is as follows:
Flight 1700
Hotel 630
Incidentals 565
Ticket 140
For a total of 3035.
Converted to XMR (With a 10% buffer):
58.65 XMR.
IF the community thinks I would be of value to go to C3, then let's get this tagged and bagged. Thanks all!
---
layout: cp
title: Defcon 2019 Volunteer Reimbursement
author: rehrar
date: May 20, 2019
amount: 137
gitlab_url: "https://repo.getmonero.org/monero-project/ccs-proposals/merge_requests/69"
milestones:
- name: Person 1 paid
funds: 24.5 XMR
done: June 18, 2019
status: finished
- name: Person 2 paid
funds: 22.5 XMR
done: June 18, 2019
status: finished
- name: Person 3 paid
funds: 10.9 XMR
done: June 18, 2019
status: finished
- name: Person 4 paid
funds: 28.2 XMR
done: June 18, 2019
status: finished
- name: Person 5 paid
funds: 27.4 XMR
done: June 18, 2019
status: finished
- name: Scholarships paid
funds: 23.5 XMR
done: July 9, 2019
status: finished
payouts:
- date: June 18, 2019
amount: 24.5 XMR
- date: June 18, 2019
amount: 22.5 XMR
- date: June 18, 2019
amount: 10.9 XMR
- date: June 18, 2019
amount: 28.2 XMR
- date: June 18, 2019
amount: 27.4 XMR
- date: July 9, 2019
amount: 23.5 XMR
---
What's up everyone? Your friendly neighborhood rehrar here.
Let's talk about Defcon. Remember Defcon? Biggest hacker conference in the world. Taking place in Las Vegas, NV, USA, early this August? Well, last year Monero's village was a hueg success, and we were constantly full with people willing and eager to learn. This year, they've approved us for another village, and have given us a bigger space! Woohoo!
A lot of planning a preperation has already been taking place on Taiga, #monero-defcon in IRC, and in #monero-community where we have biweekly Defcon meetings. What's been most recently discussed is the need that we have to get some key volunteers there to make this village a success. These roles are:
- 2 A/V people, one for running sound, and the other for recording video. Reason: The Defcon people didn't do a fantastic job last year, and the videos turned out very underwhelming in terms of quality. So we want to do it ourselves this year.
- Floor manager/MC, or someone to make sure everything runs smoothly once the village is set up, the presentations start on time, and a point of contact for all non-Defcon related stuff.
- Full time volunteer, or someone that will be spending the majority of their time manning some of the informational tables at the start. Believe me, last year these tables got A LOT of traffic, and we were able to talk to tons and tons of people. Having someone there full-time would be awesome.
- Michael. There's no other way to say it, but Michael's organic connections in the space are the reason we can put on a village, both last year and this year. He is Defcon's official contact for our village, and his presence is greatly required.
We consider these the absolute must-haves in order for this village to funtion and be as successful (if not more) than last year. We are requesting for all expenses paid (flight, hotel, incidentals, Defcon cost) for these five people, who have already been chosen. They are ajs and midipoet, myself, sarang, and Michael respectively).
BUT we would also like to fund FOUR $500 scholarships for four part time volunteers to lower the barrier to Vegas for a few volunteer that are willing to spend the majority of their time making Monero a success. It was very nice to have many helping hands last year. Very needed.
The total value for all of these things is **$11645,** which is about on par for last year (plus the scholarships), and this comes out to **137 XMR** while using a $85/XMR (small buffer built in from current price of $87.5).
To quote last year's proposal: "To protect the privacy of different people's potential location that they will be traveling from, the breakdown of travel costs are not given, but can be provided to the Core Team upon request." The individual costs for anonymized volunteer attendees can be viewed in the milestones tab.
\ No newline at end of file
---
layout: wip
title: World Crypto Con for rehrar and Sarang
author: rehrar
date: July 17, 2019
amount: 30
milestones:
- name: Payout rehrar
funds: 13.4
done: 23 August 2019
status: finished
- name: Payout sarang
funds: 16.6
done: 23 August 2019
status: finished
payouts:
- date: 23 August 2019
amount: 13.4
- date: 23 August 2019
amount: 16.6
---
What up everyone, it's your boy rehrar.
So here's the skinny. Last year, as part of my [2018 World Tour](https://forum.getmonero.org/22/completed-tasks/90717/the-rehrar-tour) I went to the World Crypto Con in Las Vegas. I was joined by the renowed Daniel Kim and, may I say, we tore it up. What does that mean? Well, it means we sat at a donated sponsor table and talked to people interested in Monero from dawn until dusk. Seriously. Like, as everyone was tearing down all around us, we were still sitting at our booth (even when they took away the table) and were engaged in conversation. Tons of people heard about Monero and what made it different. You can read my full report [here](https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/9uj0jh/world_crypto_con_report/) I can't stress this enough, but we were flooded with people, and didn't have enough time or manpower to speak with them all. A good problem to have.
This year, we want to do the same. But bigger and better. WCC has invited us back, same terms as before, and they want Monero to have a role as one of the speakers. October 28th-November 1st. They're expanding to have a developer's conference as well, and I managed to weasel sarang into one of the speaking slots.
Enter you guys. As always, none of us is charging for our time. We're just asking for help with travel expenses. We're staying in a MUCH cheaper hotel than the Cosmopolitan (where the event is hosted), and we'll walk there every day. What is the community getting? 100% table time by myself, sarang, and Daniel Kim (who plans to attend this year again), and a talk by sarang to the populace. Daniel and I have both submitted talks as well, and they're deciding if they want us there (main track or dev track or none).
We're asking 30 XMR which covers both sarang and I's flights, hotel, incidentals, and meals. A 10% price movement buffer is included. Further info available to core team upon request (to preserve privacy). Milestones to be paid out as soon as funding is completed (if moved and funded, of course) so that we can make the reservations ASAP.
Questions? Comments? Criticisms? Complaints?
\ No newline at end of file
---
layout: wip
layout: cp
title: "Sarang: research funding for 2019 Q1"
author: Sarang Noether
date: 4 December 2018
......@@ -15,15 +15,15 @@ milestones:
status: finished
- name: March
funds: 33.33% (220.34 XMR)
done:
status: unfinished
done: 31 March 2019
status: finished
payouts:
- date: 4 February 2019
amount: 220.33
- date: 1 March 2019
amount: 220.33
- date:
amount:
- date: 4 April 2019
amount: 220.34
---
Friends, neighbors, well-wishers, hello. Dr. Sarang Noether here, back again for [Monero Research Lab 2: The Search For More Money](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgRFQJCHcPw). My current funded research time is coming to a close, and I'm good to go for another three months of research and development for the Monero Research Lab.
......
---
layout: fr
layout: cp
title: "Sarang: research funding for 2019 Q2"
author: Sarang Noether
date: 12 March 2019
amount: 638
amount: 423.93
milestones:
- name: Funding is released
funds: 100% (638 XMR)
done:
status: unfinished
funds: 100% (423.93 XMR)
done: 31 March 2019
status: completed
payouts:
- date:
amount:
- date: 31 March 2019
amount: 423.93
---
Folks, hello once again. It's your pal Dr. Sarang Noether, here to request ongoing support for the next few months. My current funded research period is complete at the end of this month, and I'm ready to go for another three months of research and development for the Monero Research Lab.
......
---
layout: wip
title: "Sarang: research funding for 2019 Q3"
author: Sarang Noether
date: 3 June 2019
amount: 355
milestones:
- name: Funding is released
funds: 100% (355 XMR)
done: 14 June 2019
status: finished
- name: Work is done
funds: 0% (0 XMR)
done:
status: unfinished
payouts:
- date: 14 June 2019
amount: 355 XMR
---
Hello to you. This is Dr. Sarang Noether, requesting ongoing research funding for the next quarter. My current funding period is complete at the end of June, and I'm ready to go for another three months of research and development for the Monero Research Lab.
My monthly reports for the current funding period are available, and I encourage you to read them:
- [April](https://repo.getmonero.org/monero-project/ccs-proposals/merge_requests/34#note_5903)
- [May](https://repo.getmonero.org/monero-project/ccs-proposals/merge_requests/34#note_6373)
- June (forthcoming)
The last few months have seen plenty of work on formalization and testing of new signature schemes, output selection, sublinear transaction protocols, Bulletproofs, input merging, and more.
As always, the list of research topics of interest is constantly evolving! Some items of interest:
- CLSAG review and deployment: Both the mathematics and implementation of the CLSAG signature scheme should be reviewed prior to deployment.
- Analysis of sublinear transaction protocols: This includes Lelantus, RingCT3.0, and Omniring. Each presents different tradeoffs in efficiency, privacy, and usability.
- Ristretto: The use of an abstraction layer may provide a useful way to take advantage of some of the efficiency and security benefits of this curve representation.
- Output selection: There are aspects to this (like fixed output sets) that are of interest, especially as we look toward transaction protocols with larger practical anonymity sets.
- Dynamic block size improvements: This is a holdover from my last request that there was not time to investigate properly.
- Efficient circuit code: Several different scaling solutions to zero-knowledge circuit evaluation, from Bulletproofs to Spartan, are of interest.
- Literature review: This is, as always, ongoing.
- Outreach and education: These typically include episodes of Breaking Monero, Coffee Chats, and other avenues.
- The unexpected: Research rarely goes precisely the way we expect, so it is important to stay on top of whatever new proposals or issues arise unexpectedly.
As always, I work hard to provide value to the community and project for the value you provide here. For the funding period beginning July 2019 and continuing through September 2019, my request continues to be 10415 USD per month, my assessment of market compensation for an independent Ph.D. researcher in the United States with a record of quality work. Therefore, the request total is **355 XMR**, based on a 14-day exponential moving average of 88 USD/XMR taken from Kraken.
**Please read this paragraph carefully.** As was done for my previous request, this request will be paid out in full immediately when it is funded. This greatly reduces the volatility that otherwise arises from being paid out over time for ongoing work, and ensures that the value of donations is the value that reaches me. I hope that my record of work for the project speaks for itself, and that I continue to earn your trust to continue that work.
Comments, questions, and discussion about this proposal are welcome. This community continues to stand out as unique for its ongoing support of research and development, and I want to thank everyone who supports the project in whatever way they choose. Let's continue to build and improve Monero. Onwards!
---
layout: wip
title: "Sarang: research funding for 2019 Q4"
author: Sarang Noether
date: 6 September 2019
amount: 417
milestones:
- name: Funding is released
funds: 100% (417 XMR)
done: 23 September 2019
status: finished
- name: Work is done
funds: 0% (0 XMR)
done:
status: unfinished
payouts:
- date: 23 September 2019
amount: 417
---
Hello! Dr. Sarang Noether here, excited to continue full-time research, development, and analysis in privacy-focused cryptography and applications. You can read my previous monthly reports for [July](https://repo.getmonero.org/monero-project/ccs-proposals/merge_requests/77#note_6916) and [August](https://repo.getmonero.org/monero-project/ccs-proposals/merge_requests/77#note_7105) to see what I've been up to recently.
This funding request covers the period from September through December 2019. The next three months have a lot in store.
- New proving systems. Recent preprints, notably [IACR 944](https://eprint.iacr.org/2019/944) and [IACR 969](https://eprint.iacr.org/2019/969), provide general and efficient ways to prove statements in zero knowledge. In addition to ongoing work on existing constructions tailored specifically to transaction models, these more general approaches could have interesting practical applications that deserve investigation and analysis.
- Fall network upgrade. There is always plenty to do around upgrades relating to review and analysis.
- Simulation methods. Graph matching and augmentation models are finally to the point where we can run simulations to investigate the analytical effects of user behavior.
- Peer review. Papers for which I am coauthor need to undergo revision and review, which is always a lengthy process.
And there is always more to do that arises unexpectedly. Expect code review, the usual updates and changes, outreach, literature review, proof-of-concept code and testing, documentation, and more.
I work hard to provide value in my research for the value provided here. As before, this request is for the equivalent of 10415 USD monthly, my assessment of fair market compensation for an independent Ph.D. researcher in the United States. Therefore, using a 14-day EMA of 75 USD/XMR from Kraken, the request total is **417 XMR**. Further, note that this request will be paid in full as soon as it is funded, in order to reduce the effects of price fluctuations and ensure that contributed value is the value that reaches me.
Questions, comments, and feedback about this request are welcome.
---
layout: wip
title: Surae Funding for Q2 2019
author: Surae N
date: 18 March 2019
amount: 618 XMR
milestones:
- name: Research begins and payout occurs upon completion of funding round
funds: 100%
done:
status: unfinished
payouts:
- date: 11 April 2019
amount: 618
---
**WHO** My name is Brandon Goodell. I am Monero Research Lab’s first postdoctoral researcher into cryptocurrency. I have a Ph.D. in Mathematical Sciences from Clemson University, a M.Sc. in Mathematics from North Dakota State University, and a B.S. in Mathematics from Colorado State University. I taught as a graduate student for 9 years at the university level, and I have participated in the Monero community under the pseudonym Surae Noether on-and-off 2014-2016, and I have worked at MRL full-time since June 2017.
**WHAT** I am requesting a continuation of funding for April, May, and June 2019. An incomplete list of overall lab-wide goals for MRL in the 2018/2019 year are described [here](https://github.com/monero-project/research-lab/issues). An ongoing list of research topics is difficult to maintain, since research is fluid and so often leads to rejected material, but for additional action items, see the proposal [by Sarang](https://ccs.getmonero.org/proposals/sarang-2019-q2.html). Moreover, expect soon the following:
1. Submission of thring signature publication for peer-review (journal still under selection).
2. Submission of a DLSAG publication for peer-review (still in preparation with our co-authors).
3. A technical note on the possibility of replacing MLSAG RingCT with shorter LSAG RingCT using Musig-style key aggregation.
4. Our matching/linkability work will be presented at the Monero Konferenco.
**WHY** Monero Research Lab has communicated with researchers all over the cryptocurrency industry, cryptographers, computer scientists, and computer engineers. In the past year, we have traveled internationally to conferences to learn and participate in the dissemination of results, contributed to several published technical notes/white papers on the technology underlying Monero, helped read and review papers for other researchers, participated in the cryptocurrency community more broadly, and learned quite a bit about decentralized payment infrastructures. Our work into multisig revealed a lot of dangerous territory in the multi-signature world, and some of this work is paying off in terms of compression of signature sizes. Our work into bipartite weighted matching has a chance of being rather foundational in assessing anonymity in cryptocurrencies like Monero.
**RATES AND AMOUNTS** My rate is based on the 14-day moving average exponential on Kraken from 18 March 2018, which is approximately 50.50 USD per XMR, and my monthly rate of 10,400 USD per month.
**AN IMPORTANT CHANGE** Please read this paragraph carefully for an important change. Research funding over many months suffers from price volatility. Neither donors nor researchers at MRL know the value of donations when they are eventually paid out. To mitigate this and provide the most stability, this request will be paid out in full when it is funded. Please see the [request by Sarang here](https://ccs.getmonero.org/proposals/sarang-2019-q2.html) for a similar statement.
**Conflicts of Interest** I have two conflicts to report, neither of which lead to any substantial monetary conflict of interest. First, I am the President of MAGIC, Multidisciplinary Academic Grants in Cryptocurrencies, for which I receive no compensation. I am also the sole proprietor of Colorado Crypto Conferences LLC, the company hosting the first Monero Konferenco in Denver on 22-23 June 2019. However, I have pledged the gross profit of the Monero Konferenco in 2019 toward the 2020 event and will receive no profit in 2019 from this event.
**Thank you, Monero Community!** We at MRL strongly value community input into the funding process, and welcome discussions regarding my funding proposal. Thank you again to the entire community, whether you've donated to me or not... you guys are absolutely running the show, and you all kick some major butt. I hope by making Monero better, we're all a little better off.
\ No newline at end of file
---
layout: wip
title: "Continued funding for Surae for another quarter, Aug Sep Nov 2019"
author: suraeNoether
date: 20 July 2019
amount: 357
milestones:
- name: Funding is released
funds: 100% (357 XMR)
done: 23 September 2019
status: finished
- name: Work is done
funds: 0% (0 XMR)
done:
status: unfinished
payouts:
- date: 23 September 2019
amount: 357
---
# Surae's Mostly-Quarterly Funding Request
**WHO** My name is Brandon Goodell. I am Monero Research Lab’s first postdoctoral researcher into cryptocurrency. I have a Ph.D. in Mathematical Sciences from Clemson University, a M.Sc. in Mathematics from North Dakota State University, and a B.S. in Mathematics from Colorado State University. I taught as a graduate student for 9 years at the university level, and I have participated in the Monero community under the pseudonym Surae Noether on-and-off 2014-2016, and I have worked at MRL full-time since June 2017.
**WHAT** I am requesting a continuation of funding for research, educational outreach, and community service. _My request covers the dates of Aug 1 to Oct 31, with the stipulation that the dates of Aug 6 to Aug 20 will be used for paid time off._ These three months are mainly for research; I have no Konferenco right now to organize and I have had a lot of outreach lately. As in my previous request, I am requesting this money be paid up front at the time that funding is complete (see the note below).
**WHY** Please see my Quarterly Update [here](https://repo.getmonero.org/monero-project/ccs-proposals/merge_requests/50#note_5435) for a very brief summary of the past 3 months of contributions to the Monero community I have made. I believe that Q2 of 2019 speaks for itself. My biggest recent success is the Monero Konferenco. We had some surprise guests; dignitaries from Malta, Slovakia, Australia, Thailand, and Taiwan all attended our event with last-minute notice. We even had a plan to have these folks to hop onto our panel, but things didn’t quite work out. I am keenly interested in finishing my matching simulations, assisting Sarang with an analysis of the big three sublinear RingCT replacement schemes we are considering, continuing my work in general at Monero Research Lab, and assisting the 2020 Konferenco efforts.
**See Sarang's request for the following comment, which also applies to my request:** _Please read this paragraph carefully for an important change._ An ongoing issue with multi-month research funding is that of price volatility. Because the XMR/USD conversion rate is subject to large changes over several months, neither donors nor I know what the actual value of donations will be when they are eventually paid out. To mitigate this and provide the most stability, this request will be paid out in full when it is funded.
**To re-iterate:** My request covers the dates of Aug 1 to Oct 31, with the stipulation that the dates of Aug 6 to Aug 20 will be used for paid time off.
**HOW MUCH TOTAL** 357 XMR. My monthly rate is 10,400 USD per month. I am asking at 87.39 USD/XMR as my baseline exchange rate based on the 14-day EMA on Kraken as of the moment I’m writing this post.
\ No newline at end of file
---
layout: wip
title: "v1docq47: video creation / translations into russian (august - january)"
author: v1docq47
date: January 31, 2020
amount: 37.8
milestones:
- name:
funds:
done:
status: unfinished
- name:
funds:
done:
status: unfinished
- name:
funds:
done:
status: unfinished
- name:
funds:
done:
status: unfinished
- name:
funds:
done:
status: unfinished
- name:
funds:
done:
status: unfinished
payouts:
- date:
amount:
- date:
amount:
- date:
amount:
- date:
amount:
- date:
amount:
- date:
amount:
---
Hello, my dear followers, colleagues, and friends!
v1docq47 is here!
And this is my new funding request for my work.
### Who?
I am [v1docq47](https://t.me/v1docq47), member of [XMR.RU](https://xmr.ru/) team.
Since September 2017 I translate into Russian everything related to Monero. I’m doing Russian dubbing and creating various videos about Monero for [Monero Russian Community YouTube channel](https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChZc5PLsbP5zeFrmOYMKGmA).
I active contributor in [Monero Localization](https://taiga.getmonero.org/profile/v1docq47) and [Monero Outreach](https://taiga.getmonero.org/profile/v1docq47) working groups.
This is the shortlist of my Monero localization works:
- [Mastering Monero](https://docs.xmr.ru/books/mastering-monero/)
- [Breaking Monero](https://docs.xmr.ru/breaking/)
- [getmonero.org](https://repo.getmonero.org/monero-project/monero-site/merge_requests/913)
- [Monerujo](https://github.com/m2049r/xmrwallet/pull/278)
- [Best Monero Practices](https://github.com/monero-ecosystem/outreach-docs/pull/68)
This is the shortlist of my works for Monero Russian Community YouTube channel:
- [Monero News playlist](https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQyX7h187qnQWtCN6brBXsB9QLEuaJWQO)
- [User Manual playlist](https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=LLhZc5PLsbP5zeFrmOYMKGmA)
- [What is Monero?](https://youtu.be/YfeRXFT3ECY)
- [A brief history of Montero](https://youtu.be/r-VmVJN-UHk)
### What?
Localization of the Monero project into Russian.
Creation of information / news and tutorials video for YouTube channel.
### The Proposal and Milestones
I want to reconsider the concept of videos which get to the Monero Russian Community YouTube and make them better - redraw animations, make the video more interesting from a visual point. Put it simply, I want to improve the quality of the content that we produce.
One of the main goals for this period of work for me will be the translation and voice-over of speeches from the first annual meeting Monero Konferenco 2019.
Additionally, I intend to finish the work over papers Monero Research Lab and transcriptions Breaking Monero and post them in the library on our new website [docs.xmr.ru](https://docs.xmr.ru).
What would my translations papers MRL meet the standards, I plan to transfer them to the TeX system.
It will be a brand-new experience in my practice.
Now that Monero wallet fully supports the work with the two most popular hardware wallets, precisely with Trezor and Ledger, I had an idea to make a separate video devoted to setup and working Monero GUI / CLI with the given hardware wallets.
I tried to reach out to the official representatives of Trezor and Ledger and ask them to give me test samples of their wallets so that I could create guides / videos on working with these wallets within Monero.
I even promised to return their after all the materials be ready, but they did not answer me...
But, it is not a big deal! I will buy these hardware wallets myself, and once all the material is finished, I will just gift them to the participants Monero Russian community.
Apart from that, I will continue my work over translations of new articles and materials within the scope of the economy and ecosystem Monero.
### How much and Payouts
Any kind of work must be paid, especially work which is pleasured for you and your viewer/reader.
Payment on first days of every month during 6 months for my upcoming work.
5$ hour/ ~30 hours a week or ~120 hours a month. Usually I spend much more spare time for my work.
Average Monero course for a month is ~95$
##### In total:
37.8 XMR for 6 month work's
6.3 XMR per month starting from August
---
layout: cp
title: "v1docq47: video creation / translations into russian (february - july)"
author: v1docq47
date: July 31, 2019
amount: 46.8
milestones:
- name: February
funds: 16.66% (XMR 7.8)
done: 28 February 2019
status: finished
- name: March
funds: 16.66% (XMR 7.8)
done: 31 March 2019
status: finished
- name: April
funds: 16.66% (XMR 7.8)
done: 30 April 2019
status: finished
- name: May
funds: 16.66% (XMR 7.8)
done: 30 May 2019
status: finished
- name: June
funds: 16.66% (XMR 7.8)
done: 30 June 2019
status: finished
- name: July
funds: 16.66% (XMR 7.8)
done: 30 July 2019
status: finished
payouts:
- date: 7 May 2019
amount: 23.4
- date: 4 July 2019
amount: 15.6
- date: 8 August 2019
amount: 7.8
---
Greeting everybody again!
Thank you for supporting my previous [FFS](https://forum.getmonero.org/9/work-in-progress/90573/moving-instructions-and-manuals-into-the-video-format-and-launching-news-feeds). Possibly something went wrong, not like I planned it, but during working process I sincerely tried to improve every video and translation, investing part of my soul in my work.
### Who?
I am [v1docq47](https://t.me/v1docq47), member of [XMR.RU](https://xmr.ru/) team
I participate and take active part in [Monero Localization](https://taiga.getmonero.org/profile/v1docq47) and [Monero Outreach](https://taiga.getmonero.org/profile/v1docq47) working groups.
Since September 2017 I translate into Russian everything related to Monero. Recently I started to make teaching and news videos about Monero for [Monero Russian Community YouTube channel](https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChZc5PLsbP5zeFrmOYMKGmA).
This is the shortlist of my Monero localization works:
* [getmonero.org](https://repo.getmonero.org/monero-project/monero-site/merge_requests/913)
* [Monerujo](https://github.com/m2049r/xmrwallet/pull/278)
* [Zero to Monero](https://www.pdf-archive.com/2018/09/22/zero-to-monero-1-0-0-russian-translate/)
* [Best Monero Practices](https://github.com/monero-ecosystem/outreach-docs/pull/68)
* [MRL-0007](https://xmr.ru/threads/786/) / [MRL-0008](https://xmr.ru/threads/788/)
This is the shortlist of my works for Monero Russian Community YouTube channel:
* [What is Monero?](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfeRXFT3ECY)
* [Monero: Ring Signatures](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Z8k8ijjn8g)
* [Install and First setup Monero GUI / Part 1](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxvB5uLQEAA)
* [Sending, Recieve and Transaction History Monero GUI / Part 2](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_c50v8YFok)
- [Monero New’s 22.01.2019 - 28.01.2019](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtzdGKfn4z4)
### What?
In my first FFS I was too optimistic and didn’t realized what amount of time I will be spending to create simple but high quality videos, which are easy to understand for ordinary user.
This time I have 5 month experience and I will be realistic about my work.
I am planning to continue to help experienced and ordinary users to know something new. I have a lot of new ideas, which are just needed to be transferred from paper to screen.
I don’t want to stuck in routine work with videomaking, I will do my best to improve this format and do something interesting and unusual.
In addition to videomaking I will continue my Monero localization work.
Please don’t be confused with low amount of subscribers and views on my channel. I could buy views/subscribers, but it won’t be my own victory. I want to reach thousand audience by my own.
### The Proposal and Milestones
I am planning to make 6-8 new videos per month for my channel for the next 6 months. These will be: news, manuals and other Monero information materials.
I still hope to add interviews to my channel as an extra format (despite I had some technical difficulties during first episode). Possibly it will be new format of short podcasts, but I need time to realize it.
In my spare time I will continue to localize Monero project for Russia.
### How much and Payouts
Any kind of work must be paid, especially work which is pleasured for you and your viewer/reader.
Payment on first days of every month during 6 months for my upcoming work.