Would love to prolong my part time Monero coding for another 3 months.
There are a couple of specific tasks i would like to work on first.
- Improve automatic public node selection algorithm used in
Currently we use first iteration of the algo and according to the users' reports there is a room for improvement.
- Implement update downloading and verification functionality in Monero GUI.
There is standalone monero-update tool already.
Integrating the tool into Monero GUI is the next logical step forward, i.e. downloading and verification new update binaries just in one click.
- Focus on Monero daemon performance and stability.
I plan to do monerod cpu/memory profiling to investigate possible bottlenecks/weak places, implement appropriate optimizations/fixes based on the profiling results.
As usual will be working on Monero Core and Monero GUI code:
- Inspecting and implementing outstanding feature requests
- Submitting bug fixes
- New functinality
- Addressing ongoing issues
- Code review
- Putting my efforts where it is appropriate
I'm Xiphon, active contributor to Monero Core and Monero GUI since July 2018.
My previously completed CCS proposals:
During the recent 20h/week proposal i focused on fixing ongoing issues, sumbitted numerous bug fixes and improvements to both Monero GUI and Monero Core repositories.
I strongly encourage you to visit the following Github links to see the amount of work done by me, its quality and importabnce for the Monero Project.
Please check the following links to inspect my Monero-related activity:
- Monero Core - https://github.com/monero-project/monero/pulls?q=is%3Apr+author%3Axiphon
- Monero GUI - https://github.com/monero-project/monero-gui/pulls?q=is%3Apr+author%3Axiphon
Looking forward to coding and accomplishing mentioned and ongoing tasks and issues. Implementing new code/functionality that will be needed. Investigating bug reports and submitting bug fixes, fixing build and compilations errors/warnings/etc. Would like to inspect and complete/fix/address issues and feature requests that are reasonably desired and/or worth to spend time on. Improving GUI, fixing UI/UX issues, implementing design changes.
Dedicate 30 hours per week to Monero Project, at 55 USD/hour rate for a total of 307 XMR. XMR/USD rate is based on the 14-day moving average exponential on Kraken from 29 Jan 2020, which is approximately 64.43 XMR/USD.