layout: fr title: xiphon full-time coding (3 months) author: xiphon date: 6 Feb 2021 amount: 181 milestones: - name: Mar funds: 33% (60 XMR) done: status: unfinished - name: Apr funds: 33% (60 XMR) done: status: unfinished - name: May funds: 33% (61 XMR) done: status: unfinished payouts: - date: amount: - date: amount: - date: amount:
Would love to prolong my Monero coding for another 3 months and dedicate 40h/week, i.e. to work full-time.
There are some specific tasks i would like to work on first.
- CORE: Integrate @tevador's 14-word seed (with wallet restore height encoded) library (related discussion https://github.com/monero-project/monero/issues/6639, PoC https://github.com/tevador/monero-seed)
- GUI: Tooltips implementation
- GUI: Restoring wallet from seed - next word prediction/suggestion
- GUI: Remote node mode - multiple remote nodes support
As usual will be working on Monero Core and Monero GUI code:
- Inspecting and implementing ongoing feature requests
- Submitting bug fixes
- New functionality
- Code review
- Putting my efforts where it is appropriate
I'm Xiphon, active contributor to Monero Core and Monero GUI since July 2018.
My previous CCS proposals:
During the recent 30h/week proposal i implemented:
- GUI: Reproducible Windows builds (docker) https://github.com/monero-project/monero-gui/#building-reproducible-windows-static-binaries-with-docker-any-os
- GUI: Docker Windows static build: Qt 5.15 support
- GUI: Send to multiple addresses https://github.com/monero-project/monero-gui/pull/3332
- CLI: Auto-updater. Updates downloading and verification functionality Work In Progress
in order to not clutter the proposal i'm not listing all the related pull requests. I strongly encourage you to visit the following Github links to see the amount of work done by me, its quality and importance for the Monero Project.
Please check the following links to inspect my Monero-related activity:
- Monero Core - https://github.com/monero-project/monero/pulls?q=is%3Apr+author%3Axiphon
- Monero GUI - https://github.com/monero-project/monero-gui/pulls?q=is%3Apr+author%3Axiphon
Looking forward to coding and accomplishing mentioned and ongoing tasks and issues. Implementing new code/functionality that will be needed. Investigating bug reports and submitting bug fixes, fixing build and compilations errors/warnings/etc. Would like to inspect and complete/fix/address issues and feature requests that are reasonably desired and/or worth to spend time on. Improving GUI, fixing UI/UX issues, implementing design changes.
Dedicate 40 hours per week to Monero Project, at 55 USD/hour rate for a total of 181 XMR. XMR/USD rate is based on the 14-day moving average exponential on Kraken from 5 Feb 2021, which is approximately 146.17 XMR/USD.