Hi, everyone! I am rating89us and this is my first CCS proposal. I have been doing voluntary (unpaid) contributions to Monero GUI on my free time since 2020, adding new UI elements, improving UX and fixing bugs. While Monero GUI has improved a lot during the last years, there is still a lot of work to be done. I'm really motivated in making Monero GUI easy to use by anyone.
Some things I want to work on:
- General: add tooltips where still necessary, improve displaying of wallet > accounts hierarchy, discreet mode (hide amounts/balances on all pages); implement tip of the day popup; implement user onboarding popups when the wallet is opened for the first time
- LeftPanel: redesign synchronization progress bars, Socks5 proxy/TOR icon
- Send: display "All" amount as a label with close button
- Address book: user avatars, sorting
- Transactions: amount filtering, sent/received filtering, historical fiat price
- Settings: create a dedicated page to synchronization process, redesign Node page, add "change restore height" menu item
- Merchant: redesign merchant page, UI/UX for tablets/smartphones
- Wizard: redesign hardware wallet page, create a dedicated page to seed and restore height
- Accessibility: add description/navigation for UI elements (support screen readers for visually impaired users)
- White theme: improve color contrast of UI elements
- Upgrade FontAwesome icons to last version
- Android: test and improve UI/UX for tablets/smartphones
- Test and review UI/UX pull requests
- Update text and screenshots of Monero GUI guides (pdf guide and getmonero.org user guides)
rating89us, I have been contributing voluntarily to Monero GUI since 2020 with over 77 merged commits. I have also contributed to Monero GUI guides and getmonero.org.
Here is a list of my previous merged commits on Monero GUI:
- Pull requests: https://github.com/monero-project/monero-gui/pulls?page=1&q=is%3Apr+author%3Arating89us+is%3Aclosed
- Commits: https://github.com/monero-project/monero-gui/commits?author=rating89us
If funded I will provide monthly updates in the CCS comment section.
Work for 20 hours per week over the next 3 months (from Mid July to Mid October) at a rate of 38€/hour. At 188.75€/XMR on Kraken (14-day EMA) this makes 48.31 XMR.