I'm proposing to continue my part time work on Getmonero.org (monero-site repository), 20 hours a week for 3 more months worth of work. This is a flexible ccs proposal: The 3 months of work will not be done linearly, but they will be distributed according to my availability. I will also take care of maintaining Weblate, the localization platform (translate.getmonero.org).
I will work on the same items as in my last proposal, so basically:
- Triaging issues
- Adding new functionalities according to the feedback of the community
- Increasing user friendliness
- Updating obsolete sections
- Improving localization process
- Bug fixes
With this proposal i also want to start again to take care of Weblate directly. I already have access to the vps where the platform is hosted and i have performed multiple maintenance actions in the years (without mentioning configuring it and maintaining it for the first years of its existence), but most of the backend work is falling on Pigeons, which is a volunteer and have limited time to dedicate to Weblate. I intend to:
- Take care of the translations flow from begin to end: make sure projects, string and workflows are updated and push translations upstream
- Take care of Weblate's backend and configuration: keep the platform updated, the backend monitored and maintained (with the help of pigeons where necessary), improve workflow where necessary, etc.
Note that the work on weblate doesn't include coordinating or supporting translators, which i already do in a limited way as volunteer.
I'm proposing to do three months worth of work on monero-site and weblate at a rate of €30/hour, starting at the competition of my last ccs, 20 hours a week. This results in a total of 51 XMR at the rate 1 XMR ~€140.