These tasks will be implemented in my seraphis_lib branch. My ultimate goal is that, once this CCS is complete, I can hand off seraphis_lib to other Monero developers who can start working on/thinking about how to get Seraphis actually used in Monero.
- Build a wallet proof-of-concept that demonstrates all the 'transaction engineering' capabilities and implementation modularity of Seraphis/Jamtis. My goal is to have unit tests representing all the main workflows possible with Seraphis, and all the main wallet implementations necessary (i.e. mock-ups of interfaces that could potentially be developed into full-fledged wallet software).
- Test out using x25519 for enote ECDH instead of ed25519, which may speed up enote scanning by a non-trivial amount (>10%).
- Add validation code and plumbing for
- Add tx builder plumbing for tx fees.
- Add multisig tx builders for Seraphis (with unit tests) after the master branch is updated with PR #7877.
- Miscellaneous code cleanup (mostly update/add comments, cleanup TODOs).
I will also lump all the miscellaneous Monero R&D tasks that I work on into this CCS (e.g. in the last period I did a bunch of review/work on multisig security patches, among other things).
- Rate: 50 USD + 0.2 XMR
- Hours: 8 weeks @ 20hr/wk = 160hrs
- XMR equivalent: 32 + (50*160)/USD_EXCHANGE_RATE XMR
- USD_EXCHANGE_RATE: set from 14-day EMA on a major exchange when merging proposal
- 162 USD/XMR at 2100 UTC 02/23/2022 w/ 14-day EMA on Kraken -> 81.4 XMR total
If I require more time, and the community supports it, then I may make another proposal to extend the hours.