The "Downloads" page could be moor noob friendly. Proposal for a redesign.
At the moment is a block of black and grey test. It really needs a complete refresh.
I liked a lot this idea proposed on reddit some time ago and i think we should move towards something similar.
IMO the important things to do are:
- Add screenshot of the GUI wallet
- Add brief explanation of the double use of the GUI wallet (using local node or remote node). Many people still seem unaware of the fact that they don't need to download the blockchain to use Monero.
- Give less visibility to the hashes and confine them in a dropdown menu or somewhere else less visible.
- A more inviting color scheme (without messing with the general style of the website)
- We have dedicated sections for 32 and 64 bit software. A dropdown menu under "Linux", "windows", etc, could be used instead. No need for dedicated sections (especially since most of the people will need 64 bit binaries)
These points are just to give an idea, we could and should add more.
Would be great to have the new page done before next release, so i really hope somebody will show and give some help. I'm available to give support to whomever feel like working on this.